Chapter 8

Smack. "please Dad!" i screamed "stop it hurts!". He lifted the belt above his head and brought it down once more on my raw skin. "no more!" i pleaded.

"you get what you deserve!" he screamed back. I cried as the belt was yanked off my red skin. Then mom came into the white room. She was had nothing but her usual weapon to use on me; her hands. Dad made room for her and she bent down and slapped me. Her nice nails dragged across my face and i yelped in pain. She smacked everywhere there was skin. I rolled to get away but her demon claws follow. Then i hear a knock at the door.

"enter" Dad says. The door opens and...Miles? He walks in and Tanner follows.

"here she is" Dad says. He yanks me up by my hair and now im on my knees in front of Miles.

"go on Tanner" Miles whispers to Tanner. He looks at me with a smile. My hands lift against my will and the familiar electric current dances on my fingertips.

"told ya" Tanner boasts. Miles nodes. Then he snaps his fingers and 2 more boys come in. They pick me up by my arms and drag me to the door.

"thank you so much for your assistance" i hear Miles address my parents. Then he follows us into a dark room with strange things in it. There is...creatures. All have sharp teeth. Some have red face with nails sticking out every which way in their face. Some had several heads that were green with long snake toungs. Some even had knives for hands and they looked human except they were faceless.

"welcome to the army" Miles says and pushes me in the monsters cave.

I wake with a scream, cold sweat covering me. The dream was so irrational it could have been funny but in reality it had shaken me to my core. I pushed the hair from my face and sit up. A beam of light greets me and i look around. Im in Jake's bed. I still have the rob on. It was still covered in my blood from last nights...events. I looked down to see Jake laying beside me. I had slept in Jake's bed! I got up slowly, careful not to wake him, and went into the bathroom. It was still blood spattered with glass shards everywhere. I pulled the bathrobe tighter around me and turned.

I put up my hands and brought the trashcan from the door forwards. It floated to me and then set down at my feet. Jake said i did need practice. I then turned my attention to the blood spattered room. I brought the blood forward and off the walls and into the trash. The way it worked was indescribable. I just thought about it and it happened. It floated so evenly and calmly through the air to where i wanted it to go. I looked at the mirror pieces and had no idea how i could fix it. I swept my arms inward, bringing the glass to one neat pile. The arm motions just helped some how.

I got on my knees in front of the pile and picked up a piece. I looked awful! My blond hair was matted with blood and dirt. My eyes were blood-shot and had bags under them. My skin was streaked with mud and tear tracks. My nails were raged and broken with dirt under what was left of them. I put the glass down in the pile, sat back, and crossed my legs. I closed my eyes and cleared my mind. I wanted 2 larger pieces that fit together. I lifted my hands and opened my eyes to see 2 floating pieces that fit together perfectly. I pushed my hands together and watched as the glass got closer as well. I closed my eyes again and thought about connecting the 2 pieces. I opened my eyes and the glass pieces were no longer separate. I plucked the glass from the air and shook it a bit. Good and sturdy. I put it down with the other pieces. I put my hands over the pile, palms down, and made the glass organize itself to look like a mirror again. Well besides the cracks. 

Fix it i though, closing my eyes once more. I felt a little tickle of power leaving my fingertips. I opened my eyes and the mirror was as it should be. It was perfectly fine! Well besides the pieces that were still attached to the cabinet. You would have never guessed an emotionally damaged girl sent a fist of fury through it.