Chapter 3

*Katrina's POV*

I waited for a while to open my eyes. One, because we had to be far enough away from Miles so he didn't know i faked it when i fainted. And two, i loved it when Jake carried me. I faked it because somehow, Tanner could control my powers through me and i had heard what Miles said to Tanner.

He had said "use your powers to prove it. You and i both know she wont do it willingly". I was so scared. It was the first thing i had thought of.

i heard Jake mutter " Megan".

My eyes fluttered open and asked "whos Megan?".

Jake looked down at me. "the girl you electrocuted".

"...i did that?" i asked in horror. How would i be capable of that? I wonder what i was thinking, i didn't really think, i just acted on some inner animal instinct.

"yeah. But its good to see you awake" Jake remarked.

"well is she okay?! Where is she?" i panicked.

"in your hospital room, which is where we are going now" Jake said.

"Jake, you have to tell me" i left it at that because i had too many questions.

"i know" he said "at the room" maybe he had to think about what to say.

"you can put me down you know" it was a little awkward.

"Cat, you have been in a coma for 3 and a half weeks and you wanna take a stroll?" Jake asked sarcastically. 3 and a half weeks? That long.

"well hurry please, i want to make sure that girl is alright and apologize"

"yeah, why'd you do that?" Jake asked.

"i...i had a dream. She and that boy in the cell were in it" Jake looked puzzled.

"tell me about it" Jake coaxed.

"well they were in an arena of some sort but it looked like outside in the forest. I was.. Invisible almost but i could feel everything she felt, although i was myself, does that make sense?" i was bad at explaining. Jake nodded. "anyways, she was kind of scared, but not terrified. She was holding a knife. I think she was looking for somewhere to hide, but was frustrated. She came to a clearing where that boy was. She turned from him when she saw him but didn't run. She was frozen. I could feel her paralyzing fear. She was paralyzed. She slowly turned to him and pleased "no. Please don't do this" he laughed at her. She walked a few steps and was face to face with him. She whispered "this isn't fair"and he replied "life isn't fair honey, deal with it" and then she raised the knife to her throte "goodbye" he said calmly. And then she-" i couldn't finish. The thought of the blood pouring down her neck like rain, her blood so red chrism looked bland next to it.

"but its just a nightmare" Jake looked down at me funny. "right Jake?" it was the only sane explanation i had. He didn't answer me. We rounded a corner and then we were in  a hospital room with a girl with faded red hair, a fare and pasty completion, round but skinny face, and a rosebud mouth. Altogether she was very pretty from what i could see. She was on the white floor, motionless.

"let me go Jake" i begged. He automatically did. He shook his head and blinked a few times, confused.

"what is it" i asked.

"nothing" he said, unsure.

I looked down to the girl laying on her back and the guilt hit me instantly. I had done this. I don't even know this girl. I bent down and i wanted so badly to help her...heal her. I hesitantly touched her hand. I don't know if i was seeing things or not but her pastieness became...less pasty. Her cheeks weren't as hollow. her skin felt smoother. She looked very healthy now. Her eyes opened and i could see now that there were a nice shade of hazel, gold flakes frosting the green background.I jerked my hand away. She was breathing hard and looking at me with so much horror, it scared even me.