The Promises we Made

Start from the beginning

I wasn't ready for it. I was thrown back and into the porcelain pieces.  My hands took most of the impact. When I gathered my senses from the impact the first thing that registered in my mind was pain. A sharp throbbing pain. I reached to the back of my head where the pain was most prominent. I was shocked to see when I drew my hand back that not only was my head bleeding, quite heavily I might add, but my hands were cut and bleeding too. I was breathing faster and harder.

Trying to calm myself I thought of Jake. He was my best friend. Everyday we take a walk through the ravine I live next to and loop about back to my backyard where a very exquisite treefort stood. Originally it was for Lea but she said treeforts were lame the second day after completion. She said I could have it since I was as lame as the treefort. So Jake and I hung out there. It was our second home. We called it the J.K. because it stands for our names and its an acronym for just kidding and thats pretty much all we do is joke around in there.

But there was one thing I would change. He and I had never been romantically involved but I had feelings for him. He doesn't know so I suffer in silence. But I would take this then nothing. It was the best part of my day. He was very handsome in my opinion. He has thick brown hair with the bangs he has to brush to the side every 5 second with a flip of his head. He had nice honey smothered chocolate brown eyes framed with great eyelashs. His nose was a little crooked from the time when he got hit in the face with a baseball and it was slightly off center but you could only see if you got close enough. He had a slim face and was unusually pail. He had great abes. Ill admit it. I counted them.He should be on his way, living only half a block away. What if he walks in on me like this. On the ground surrounded by blood and broken dish pieces, tears streaming down my face from the sharp pains puncturing from different parts of my body, parents standing over me probably discussing what object to beat me with. Over a dish. My bad, Lea's dish.

I grabbed the dish towel next to me that i had dropped with that plate and plastered it to the back of my head to stop the heavy bleeding. I got on my knees to get up when my father pushed me back down, injuring my hands more.

"We aren't done with you" He said with a sneer.

On the outside my parents looks like normal people.  My father had brown thinning hair and was pasty white. He had a slim face with out dated glasses hanging on his small nose. But he had creepy eyes. Gray and piercing. I'm glad i didn't get my eyes from him, or my mother for that fact. I'm the only one with green eyes. My mother had blond pin straight hair that was thin. She had a slender tanned face and a great nose. Her eyes are blue. Her skin was, as is mine, flawless. My mother was a real estate agent and my father worked at a bank. I looked up at them, still in their work clothes, suits galore. They looked down on my their usual disapproving look mixed in with a little rage.

"well I'm finished with you." i said slowly through my teeth.

My mom kept her poker face but my dad's eyes showed the tiniest bit of shock. "don't you talk to us with such disrespect! We are your boss and you do what the boss says. Its time you learned-"

"no its time YOU learned" i cut off " that you don't control me. I'm finished here. I'm finished with you two. You aren't always going to get your way and control things in life. You can't and won't stop me from leaving. You are abusive. You are mean. And you can go to hell for all i care just as long as you stay away from me!" i finished breathless.

Anger burned within me with such power i was tingling. Power surged in me and it made me dizzy. It had most power around my fingers. I looked down and almost passed out, whether it was from all the blood loss or from what i saw. What looked almost electric, a current was dancing on my fingertips. It didn't hurt. The opposite really, it gave me strength. I flipped my hands a few times and the current suddenly diapered. Had it been my imagination? Possible. I realized my parents were still screaming at me.