The Promises we Made

I guess I look alright. Not beautiful, every boy knocking my door down for a date beautiful, but i guess, even though it sounds cheap,  I have inner beauty. I had been told by a very distant ex whom had said that, but a couple days later I found him sleeping with my best friend. It turns out that he had been cheating on me from the second day we had started dating. That three years of my life wasted. But I'm afraid I have thought about it far to much.

I had nice thick blonde hair that flowed down to my lower back. My eyes were green and I think they are my best feature, because they are so striking. A little eye liner and mascara and I'm good to go. Plus a colour I'm feeling like to cover the lid and my eyes seem to be the crayon in the marker box. I am very proud of them. My face is slim, round, and unmarked. I take care of my skin because I just cant stand pimples. I don't weigh much. My lips are somewhat full but don't have very good colour. Nothing special about me. It was just... me. I liked myself well enough, though I know alot of girls who don't like themselves very much. They covered their eyes in eyeliner and look like raccoons. They are a makeup mess, looking like they faceplanted into a makeup pie. But they were nice enough.

I really didn't have any friends though. After losing Maggie to her cheating with my ex boyfriend, I never really replaced her. I had only one friend who doesn't go to my school, so no one knew I wasn't a total loner. I had herd a few girls taking and they had said "That girl is weird, ever since her boyfriend cheated on her she has been acting depressed and is a total loner. No wonder she doesn't have any friends. Whats her name... Katrina?" That was my name. Was what they said true?

That had upset me greatly and I faked a stomach ache and went home and cryed harder then usual. I cried alot. Not only was my social life was hopeless but so was my homelife. My parents loved my younger sister. I was just a distraction. Yeah, most girls say that they are ignored and make a big fuss about it just to get attention. I wish I was making this up. They looked at me with disgust , regret, and disappointment. I had to do all the chores including making dinner, take care of Lea and keep her entertained (my little sister), keep up with homework, and put up with my parents abuse, verbal and physical. I was dead to them and at the very least their slave. I put up with it though I don't know why.

The day the... events unfolded I snapped. I don't regret what I did. I was washing the dishes. Lea was crying in the living room and screaming cursing things at her parents, and i say that because i don't consider them my parents, because they wont let her go to her friends instead of grandma's funeral. Grandma had died a month or two ago, but we werent close. Princess the dog was tapping at the door to be let in, who would sadle the BOY dog with a name like princess- Lea did, selfish brat. My mind wandered. Mostly i thought about schoolwork. Math, science, socials, you name it. At the time I was thinking about french congregations. There had been a test on it the next day. I thought it through again. Silence. Wasn't Lea just yelling? Her tantrums are never that short. I was kind of glad for the rare break from her squabble. Her favorit three words were "i" "want" and " no". Then an ear splitting screech called from Lea and it near stoped my heart. I droped the expensive plate which happened to be Lea's and it clattered to the unforgiving tile and smashed to what seemed like a milion pieces. If Lea's screech didn't stop my heart well dropping the plate did. I was in for it now.

"... KATRINA!?!" my parents screeched in sync. I didn't say anything knowing whatever I would have said would be used against me. Thumping feet. Two pairs. Two angrey pairs. Closer, closer,closer. Drawing near. Almost there. Standing in front of me. My heart took off, beating faster then it ever had. If Lea had anything to do with this, I would be executed on the spot carried out be herself and the puppies she calls friends to shoot me until dead. Mom looked down at the shattered plate and then looked at me and slaped me across the face, dragging her perfect manicured nails across my face leaving a hand print and nail marks from cheekbone to mouth.