GTKY Chapter 46

Will's POV

"AAAHHHH WIIILL! YOU'RE BAAAACK!"

Dalton ran to me just as I stepped in the house. He hugged me on the neck and jumped up and down. "You're back! You're back!"

Too stunned to do anything, I just stood there, not saying a thing.

What has gotten into him this time?

"Dalton! Get off my boyfriend!" Because I was too distracted on Dalton, I didn't notice Laine standing behind him.

My boyfriend. I like it when she calls me that.

I heard a lot of hey Will's so I just smiled at them. They were watching something on the TV, so my presence doesn't really matter.

"Dalton, get off me." I boffed slightly and pushed him. He got off me and laughed, "I don't even know why I did that."

I ignored him and faced Laine. She has this beautiful smile on her face, with an expectant look on her eyes.

I opened my arms and she jumped to me, hugging me tight. I wrapped my arms around her waist. "I missed you," I whispered in her ear.

"I missed you, too!" She pulled away from our little hug, but she kept her arms around my neck.

"Are you sure you did? You slept on me last night." I smirked at her. She squinted her eyes. "That was 2 AM! I was tired, okay?"

I grinned and kissed her. I felt her smile.

In serious talks, I missed this girl.

"Oh my lord, get a room, please!" Dana exhaled behind us. We pulled away and just laughed at him. "Don't worry," Laine told him, "You'll get her soon. Whoever that girl is."

"What? There's a girl?" I asked. Isn't it too fast? He just recently broke up with his ex-girlfriend.

Oh well. Dana's Dana.

"Please stop talking about me and just love yourselves." He got off the couch and went upstairs. Someone's lonely.

I took Laine to the couch and pulled her sideways on my lap. I looked around, and I saw everyone present. Well, except Alex, of course. Tique and Dalton on the couch, while the others were scattered on the floor. They were all eating peanuts.

Speaking of Alex, we haven't heard a word from her since she left. Maybe she's busy with the incoming college stuff. It sure can be pretty handful.

College... Would I want to go to college? I mean, high school was a bit hard with the band stuff. How much much more going to college?

Before the band, all I wanted was to finish my studies. But an opportunity came and knocked on my door, and so I'm here.

There's still a choice, though. Maybe I can still go to college.

"Hey, Will?"

Laine tapped me on the cheek, making me snap back to reality. "Are you okay? You seem lost and you were just staring in space and I find it creepy," she said.

"No, no..." I shook my head, "I mean, I'm okay. Just tired, I guess?"

"Wanna sleep?" She put her hands down and smiled widely.

Here's a fact about Laine: she loves cuddles. She easily finds sleep with it. It calms herself.

No matter how I like to just stay in bed all day and cuddle with her, I had to resist. Her birthday's coming up the day after tomorrow, and I can't just let it be the cliché get-together parties. I honestly don't know how to make it special, not to mention I need to make it up to her for the things I've done. But I already got her a gift.