GTKY Chapter 29 / APPRECIATION POST! :)

Expect faster updates, right? Well here it is :)
**

I put my phone down after having that conversation with Britt and lied flat on my bed. I stared at the ceiling. The only thing giving my room a bit of illumination is the nightlight on my bedside table.

So, that's the catch? Like, me and Will are the talk of the town with everyone who knows him.

Huh, Laine. Expect whispers in the hallway at school tomorrow. A lot of glares (especially from the girls from the seniors) and a lot of talks. Teasing from teachers, gossips from batchmates.

Yep, I've had enough warnings from when Cass started dating Cole. And believe me, it wasn't fun.

Aaaand I'm about to experience that tomorrow. Ugh. Can I just hide?

What kind of stupidity am I thinking again? Tss. I wonder if Will already knows about this.

Again, another stupidity from Laine. Of course he does, the guy's always on social media!

I've had enough with me talking to myself so I just decided to call him. After four rings, he picked up.

"Hey, Laine. Sorry for not texting."

"What? It's okay! So how are your notifs?" I asked. I was expecting a sigh or some whining but no.

"Notifs? As in notifications? Why?"

"Haven't you been on Twitter yet?" This must be a miracle, he hasn't been online for almost 12 hours.

"We've been in a band meeting for the past 2 hours, arguing about the setlist for our performance on prom day. Why?"

I mentally facepalmed myself. All this time I thought he already knows. Haha. Oh well. "Open your twitter for a minute. As in right now."

"Why? What's happeni--" "Just do it."

"Okay, let me hang up first." He cut the line immediately and I patiently waited for him to call back. Only seconds after, my phone rang. I answered incontinently.

"SINCE WHEN DID THAT START TO LEAK?" A frustrated voice came from him. I giggled at the sound.

"How can you laugh at a time like this!" He blew out.

"It's funny because I was asking myself the exact same thing." I sighed, "Will, I'm scared."

I heard a few shuffling sounds until his background became more quiet. "Why?" He said in a softer voice.

"I'm scared about what people might say. And I know I'll get hate. And I don't know how to deal with people at school." Okay, I'm getting too serious again.

"Hey, hey," he shushed, "I'm right here, okay? I got your back. I won't let you down, I promise."

I nodded, as if expecting him to see the action I made. He knew me enough. He knows that all I could do is nod in a time like this. I stared at the ceiling of my room.

"I just need you to promise me one thing," Will said. I nodded again. "Don't let anything get to your head. If you read hate, tell me and then just ignore it. Brush it off. Can you promise me that you'll do that?"

For the nth time, all I did was nod.

"Promise me you won't forget." He repeated.

"I promise, Will." I sighed again. "I shouldn't be so emotional! Ugh, what's happening to me!" I laughed.

He laughed too, "That's my girl. Hey,"

"Hmm?"

"You're mine." I giggled at him. "Are you mine?" I questioned back.