GTKY Chapter 32 (PART 1)

Will's POV

"Good night. I love you, Laine. Always remember that."

I sighed through the phone as I said that, risking those three words again, hoping that she'll be ready enough to say it back.

Just hoping.

"G-goodnight, Will. Y-you too."

She hung up a few seconds after.

I saw this coming. I'm not mad or hurt about it, to be honest. Just a tad sad. But as the guy I am, I don't want to force her into rushing things. I can wait.

Well, at least we got to fix our little fight. Now the only thing I have to worry about is Britt. This is the first time I've ever experienced a thing like this. I have no idea on how to protect Laine, besides being with her 24/7 which is next to impossible.

**
A FEW DAYS LATER

"What?!" I slammed my locker shut and ran past Dalton and Tique, ignoring everyone I would bump into. I kept searching for Dana, since Tique told me that he was the last person Laine was with. I need to find her asap.

Britt has been going extreme these past few days, and I hate the fact that I can't stop her, not even do something about it. All I can do is watch.

"Will, Will!" Someone pulled me on the sleeve as I turned on a corner.

"Dana!" I half-yelled in surprise. "Where's Laine?"

"She's in here!" He slammed his hand on a door of what seems to be an empty classroom. Good thing classes are already over and the rooms are evacuated.

I tried turning the doorknob but it's locked. "Laine?" I knocked on the door hardly. "Laine? Laine please, open up. This is Will, open up."

I heard sniffing from the other side of the door. She's crying again.

"Does Cassidy know about this?" I asked Dana. He nodded. "She went to look for Britt. I wasn't able to stop her because I can't leave Laine behind."

"Have you talked to Aalea yet?" I asked him. I'm a hundred percent guilty because everyone in the group worries too much about Laine, about us, when in fact I should be the one to fix this by my own. Dana doesn't even have much time for his own girlfriend.

"Don't worry about me. Try getting Laine out of this room. I'll look for Cassidy, we don't want a scene. You know how she is when she looks for a fight." I nodded at him as he started running away from me. I went back to knocking on the door. "Laine? Please? Open up? Please. Please." I was begging already when after a few moments, she opened the door and threw herself on me. I hugged her tightly as her tears started to damp on my shirt.

"Ssshh... Ssshh..." I gently pulled her into the room and locked the door. I tried to make her sit on a chair but she just held tight on my shirt, so that left me no choice but to comfort her while standing.

It took us a few minutes before she stopped sobbing, her hair all messed up on her face. I waited for her breathing to even, and led her to sit on a chair when it did.

"Are you ready to tell me about that?" I whispered, removing the hair warped on her face.

"Sh-she... She told me that I was using you. She told me that I was a gold digger." Tears started to fall from her eyes again. Reaching for her face, I used my thumb to wipe them. "And-- she--" She buried her face in my chest again and started sobbing.

"Ssshhh... It's okay." I held her close, but she shook her head vigorously, "No... It's not. It's not okay, Will..."

"Okay." I pulled away and looked at her straight in the eye. She looked away though. "What else did she say. Tell me."

I saw a glimpse of hesitation in her eyes but she tried to speak through her sobs. "Sh-she told my classmates th-that I used to bang you and that I was taking advantage. Many of them didn't believe her, b-but some did. She called me a whore."

[Creds to Gissel for that lol. We were talking about things and one thing led to another so I got that from her lol. Hiii *waves hand* I'm sorry for the R-13 words it just had to be there to catch up with le story okay I ruin everything bye *flies away*]

"She said what?!" My heart started beating faster, and not long after that I felt anger building inside of me.

"Will?! Will are you there? Is Laine there?! Open this door if you're there!"

Cassidy's voice echoed from the outside of the room. I reached for the doorknob and opened the door. All of them were there, except Gabe and Cole.

"Gabe and Cole's trying to talk to Jill on the phone. See if Jill can help." Cassidy said directly to me.

"Where's Britt."

-
Laine's POV

"Where's Britt." Will plainly asked Cassidy.

"No, no please don't, Will. I'll get over this just don--"

"Where's Britt. Have you talked to her?" He asked her. The others are just plainly watching, waiting for what will happen next.

"No because some guy named Dana pulled me away. Probably she's just in front of the main gate, loving the attention everyone's giving her." Cass answered. In a swift move, Will stood up and walked out.

I looked at Dalton and Dana, the other two boys left in here. "Aren't you guys gonna stop him?!" It's going to be a scene!

"Will's angry, Laine. We can't." Dalton said.

"And besides, we know Will. He won't create a scene here. He knows he'll be risking you if he goes uncontrolled." Dana sat on Will's previous seat. "You want me to take you home now?"

Still sobbing slightly, I shook my head. "I can't go home like this."

"Sleepover. Tonight. IM5 house. It's Saurday tomorrow so it's okay. I'll text your mom, Laine." Cass said, pulling her phone out.

"I'll call Alex to come too. And to bring you clothes." Tique said, adjusting her glasses.

"We better leave." Dalton said.

"Wait, how about Will?" I asked.

"We got him. For now, we gotta take you to a more peaceful place."

**
Will came into the house with Cole and Gabe minutes after Alex did. He looked super stressed. All of them did. He went straight upstairs, most probably to his room, without a single word.

"I'm so sorry guys. I feel stupid. It's like the whole world revolves around me now." I said. I was cuddled up next to Tique.

"We do this because we are your friends, Laine." Gabe said. "Yeah, and we care about you and Will. I'm sure if this happens to Tique and me you'd do the same. Maybe even more." Dalton added.

"I'm still sorry. And very thankful. I don't know what to do without you, guys." I said, looking down. It's embarrassing. I just gave them problems.

After thinking for a while, I stood up. "I wanna talk to Will."

*****************************************************************
I started this 8:27 and I finished 10:10 lol. This is the fastest one I've ever written lmao. Anyway, part 2 comes in a while! Stay there, don't move. Haha. :)

Vote if you liked the chapter! ;)
~cristine

Get To Know YouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara