GTKY Chapter 23

Laine's POV

I woke up early the next day to the ringing of my phone. It was so loud, but luckily, I didn't wake Will up.

I grabbed my phone from the bedside table, to see 'Mom' on the screen.

"Hey, Mom!" I whispered at the phone and quickly tiptoed to the door.

"Hey sweetie!" Mom said, "I'm sorry, we're not able to join you this Christmas. I'm really sorry, dear."

I went out of Will's room and stopped in front of the railings of the stairs. I leaned my stomach against it. "It's okay, mom. I understand. Where's dad, by the way?"

"Oh, still sleeping. You know your dad." I heard her chuckle on the other line. "And Merry Christmas, Laine."

Damn. I almost forgot.

"Mom, it's just 24. Christmas Eve." I said.

"Okay then, advanced Merry Christmas." She laughed. Aww, I miss my mom. "I need to go dear. I need to get some sleep."

"Okay. Rest well, okay mom? I miss you. Tell that to dad too."

"I will. I love you honey. See you soon."

"See you soon mom. Love you too."

As soon as I hung up, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind.

"Good morning, Will." I tried my best to look at him, his face planted on my right shoulder with his eyes closed.

"Its too early. Go back to sleep," he said in a muffled voice.

"I will," I said. "I just got a call from my mom."

"Hmm. I'm still sleepy. Let's go baaaack." He whined.

I laughed, "Okay, okay! Come on," I said, removing his arms around me.

He gladly obeyed and pulled me towards his room. I grabbed Olaf from the couch and lied on his bed.

"You know, sometimes I hate myself for giving you that big Olaf," he said, still with his eyes closed.

"Why?"

"You hug him more than me."

I laughed, "Sorry not sorry, Will. Just sleep."

**
"HEY HEY YOU TWO GET UP!"

I opened my eyes to the sound of Cole's voice, kneeling on Will's side of the bed, sending us into a magnitude 5-earthquake.

"Go away, Cole." I faced the other way, slamming Olaf on my face.

"Get up! We still have to--"

"Seriously, Cole. Go away." Will said.

Cole groaned, "Will, we HAVE to PUT some CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS today, RIGHT? Do you want to SCREW UP?" He said, emphasizing some words in his sentence.

"This early?" Will whispered.

"Yes. This early." Cole said. I looked at the clock, it's exactly 10 AM.

I sat up, "I'm gonna go down. Suit yourselves." I stood up from the bed and walked to the door. I looked at Cole before going out, "Cole, anyone else awake?"

"Dana. Dalton and Tique."

"Oh. Thanks."

I walked out of the room and down the stairs. I spotted Dalton on the couch, scanning through channels on the tv. I sat next to him.

"Morning," he said.

"Morning. Breakfast yet?"

"No. Make us?"