GTKY Chapter 20

Chapter status: EDITED.

Laine's POV

I woke up at about 8:00 AM without Will beside me.

They must be in the studio for last-minute rehearsals.

I stood up, grabbing my comb from the bedside table and combing my hair in front of Will's mirror. I went inside the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

Good thing we sorted out my stuff last night.

Then I remembered our conversation. Why would Jill say something like that? Was it that bad?

Shrugging the thought off my mind, I went out of the room and barged into the unlocked room beside Will's.

"Tique, wake up, Tique!" I shook the sleeping Tique and all she did was groan at me.

"Tique, wake up! This is important!" The gifts, Tique! We need to buy gifts!

"Go away, Daltina... Hmm..." She slapped the pillow on her face and turned her back at me.

"Did you just call me Daltina?" This girl needs some serious sleeptalk control.

"Hm." Argh! This girl is hopeless!

I ran out of Dalton's room and went to Cole's. But it's locked. I don't want to pound on the door, so I just ran back to Will's room, grabbed my phone, and called up Cassidy.

*ring ring* *ring ring*

"What, Laine? Ugh, my head hurts."

I went out of Will's room, leaving his door open, and stood in front of Cole's door.

"Open your door, please."

Moments later, the door swung open, and a Cassidy hugging a pillow welcomed me.

"The show doesn't start 'til 3 PM. Are you plain excited or what?" She turned her back on me, went back to Cole's bed, and slumped herself down on her stomach.

"I need your help, Cass." I sat on the bed, beside her.

"What do you want?"

I sighed, "I don't have a gift for Will, and I kinda need uhm... Shopping advice?" I bit my lip. She knew I didn't like shopping. At all.

Still lying on her stomach, she turned her head at me and opened one eye. "You sure you're gonna go with me?"

I sighed again. I think I can see where this is taking me. "Yes."

"You reeeaaally sure?" This time, she sat up.

"Yes, Cass! I am! Now can we please go? I'm sure it'll take time and I don't want to be late for the boys' first show. And don't tell Will, please?" It feels like I'm pleading!

Cassidy smirked at me, "This is gonna be good." She rubbed her eyes and stood up, "Now go take a bath and put on the simplest clothes you can wear."

I KNEW THIS WASN'T GONNA BE GOOD. "Cassidy-"

"You need my help with Will's gift or nah? Come on, Laine. He's gonna perform, first time with you in the audience. At least make it special for him," she tapped me on the shoulder. "Trust me. A little fashion advice... Won't hurt."

"Fine." I stomped my way back to Will's room and took a bath. I did my 'rituals' as fast as I can, and rushed downstairs with my phone and wallet in hand once I was done.

"Woah, when I said simple, you really meant simple, huh?" Cass asked.

What? I wore a simple white shirt and jeans, with my white sneakers, then I let my hair fall naturally.