GTKY Chapter 26

Laine's POV (Setting reminder: December 30)

I immediately sprinted towards the house once me and Alex got off Cassidy's mom's car after thanking them.

"Hey, Laine! Slow down! You might trip!" Alex shouted behind me, but nah. I ran, my backpack bouncing on my back.

I noticed that the door was slightly ajar. So I slowed down, to a stop. "What's the matter?" Alex asked.

"The door," I pointed at the door. "Last time I was here I made sure that it's locked."

"I could hear the television." Alex said. She looked at me. "Are you sure you locked the door last time? It wo--"

"What?" I started to feel nervous about this. What if someone's in the house?

"The curtains... Moved... It looks like someone saw us." She said, her voice slightly shaking. And by the looks of it, I can tell that she's nervous too.

"What should we do?" I held on to my backpack strap tightly, ready to run anytime. I looked at the house again, and panicked when the door started opening slowly. "Ale--"

"Why don't you girls come inside now? What are you doing there?" A familiar woman went outside. My eyes slowly widened at the sight and my mind took its time to take it all in.

Okay. I'm ready.

"MOM OH MY GOSH YOU'RE HOME!" I ran to my mom and jump into her arms and hugged her tight. I missed my mom!

"Yes honey, we are home." She said with a giggle. She slightly pulled away and cupped my face, "So how was Christmas vacation? Did you enjoy?"

"I did, mom!" I smiled. Alex walked past us and wet straight to Aunt Kristy. They're not that cheesy of a mother-daughter, not like me and my mom.

"How was touring with Dana and the boys?" She asked.

"It was fun! Though it's very tiring." I laughed. I hugged her again. It's just so nice that they're back! "Where's dad?" I asked.

"He's sleeping. You know your dad," Mom said, "And I bet you're still a tad tired. Go change your clothes and sleep, okay? Oh, say hi to your dad first."

"I will," I smiled and ran upstairs. I walked to mom and dad's room and knocked on the door. I turned the doorknob and slowly opened the door.

I sat on the side of the bed and poked dad on the shoulder. "Hi dad."

No response.

I knelt on the bed and started shaking him. "Daaaaad hellooooo!"

He opened his eyes and it seems like he was surprised to see me. He sat up, "Laine? Are you okay? Were you hurt? Did something happen when we were gone?" He panicked while checking up on me.

"Dad, I'm fine. And it was fun, actually. Staying with the boys and all--"

"Staying with the boys? You stayed with boys?" He eyed me suspiciously.

I glared playfully at him, "THE boys. Dana? And the rest of IM5? Plus Alex and Cass were there too, and we made a new friend. She's a transferee at school. And IM5's tour was kinda fun."

"Hmm... Okay. Nothing else happened besides going with them on tour?" He asked.

"Nnnnnothing, dad." I smiled. Nothing, right?

"Okay, honey. Get some rest. And help your mom with the New Year preparations, okay?" He smiled and rubbed the top of my head. I nodded and went out, running straight to my room. I took a quick shower and somnolently jumped on my bed.