Chapter 11: Google Towers

It's been an hour so far.

Crossing the highway, the chaotic traffic pressured me even more. I can't help but remember when I first found the box in that alleyway, then it all came to this.
People driving around me were literally running away in fear. Families terrified, robots killing people or kidnapping them. It seems like all of them flew down to the Google tower with their hostages.

Right now, I should be worried about my mom back at home. That's when it hit me. Did they kill her already?

A tear rolls down my cheek.

I finally reach the streets of Detroit city. The apocalypse seemed even worse here. Skyscrapers were falling down on people, shuttles in the sky, and blood covering the sidewalks.

I find a large modern skyscraper with the words "Google", on the top.

I immediately open the car door and run with the strength I have left inside of me to the building. Robots were entering and leaving the building; all I had to do is run past them.

I shove them out of my way into the building; my pushing and shoving only causing attention.
Most of them were already on my tail.

I sprint across the hallway trying the reach the elevator; Google IRLs chasing right behind me.
Only a couple of inches away, I repeated to myself.

I reach for the elevator; jumping in.

I punch the button to go up; the doors close right when the robot's hand finally comes through.
The metal doors shut on his wrist causing blood and steel pieces fly out; making me jump back.

I think that robot looked like Jacksepticeye. Now that I think about it, I've been watching him lately but he stopped recorded for weeks after that. Strange.

The elevator doors open; the bloody and broken wrist fallen to the floor.

There is a large hallway in front of me. Large, modern windows to the right and a long white wall with one door in the middle.

I look out to see if it was clear, just like I did when I was at home, making sure my mom wasn't around.

I sneak down the hallway trying to look for somewhere to go inside that would give me some answers.
A door appears in front of my eyes while sneaking. I slowly twist the door handle and creak it open to take a peak inside.
A little light from the window crawls inside the dark room I just opened the door to. It wasn't much help since outside the sky was grey and destruction was occurring.

I slowly walk inside the room; careful of my surroundings since I couldn't see a damn thing.
I turn to my left and see large glass tubes with people inside. Clear blue liquid filled the tube and wires connected into the human.

There were only a couple of these in the room. The light from them helped me see some.
I stand up from my crouching position to observe the glass corridors.
About three of them were rowed in a line. Each of them held a naked man with their arms hooked and tied together reaching from the top.

I couldn't see their private area (thank the lord) because advanced equipment covered them.
Is that, Jacksepticeye?!

In one of them, it looked as if a youtuber was inside of each one.
A walk to each one saying to myself,
Jacksepticeye, Pewdiepie, M-

Pewdiepie?! I just saw him at the restaurant not too long ago!
Was he captured and taken here? Or was he really one of them in disguise?

I look over to the last one, my eyes widen; my mouth slowly opening.

Markiplier was in the last one! He looks so much like..Mark..

I drop to my knees, tear by tear falling from my eyes.
Mark is just a clone of Markiplier.
Did Google kidnap these youtubers out of all people?

I stood up and wiped my wet face with my sleeve.
Looking around for something, I see a fire extinguisher in the dark corner. I grab it; walking slowly towards Markiplier's glass surroundings.

I hold the extinguisher high in the air, and chuck it at the glass; tiny pieces flying in the air one by one.

Markiplier falls out; bare naked with only a piece of equipment over his crouch.
He lays on the floor for a minute. Should I go over there and check of he's alive?, I asked myself.

I huddle nervously towards him and poke him the top of my finger. I didn't really want to touch his body.

Cough Cough

Markiplier gags, catching air in his own lungs.

Thank you guys for all the support! I published this earlier but I didn't re-read it so I started getting comments about my mistakes, haha.
So I made sure now that I reread it, check it over and explained more because I know that things are probably getting confusing for you.

Honestly, I really can't believe people are reading my book; it really makes me smile!

I'll see you guys...
In then next Chapter!