Chapter 10: It's a Date

"Not my problem", I smiled.

Abby suggested we go out to eat at
Applebee's not too far down by Sandusky. I've been urging a bit to show my friends my robot companion.

I put on a casual dress, shoes, and a jacket. I'm not the fancy type. Seems like a lot of girls aren't the fancy type nowadays. It may not seem like it but I like to read fan fiction too!

I toss Mark a normal looking shirts and he keeps his jeans on.

"I am not programmed with the certiain capability of put the damn shirt on", Mark states.

"Ugh", I sigh as I take Mark's orginal shirt off and putting a different one on. Usually I'd be blushing like a tomato, although, Mark is just a robot so he wouldn't be embarrassed.

"Let's go", I twist the door handle and dash downstairs to get my mom's car keys.

"I'm going out to eat!", I yelled.
"Wha-?", my mom yelled back being interrupted when she figured out I was already pulling out of the drive way.

My mom had a decent looking vehicle. It was a square-shaped black jeep with glossy sides and a sun roof.

Mark was in the passenger seat next to me while I drove. He looked around the environment as if he's never been in a actual car before.

We hit a red light on the street but something on the sidewalk caught my attention. There were more hobos then yesterday.

There was a whole line of middle-aged men with ripped clothing and flat cardboard boxes under them. One was even wearing a business suit!

Strange, I thought to myself. I drift the car around the curb and park it neatly. I exit the car; looking over to see if Mark got out yet.

He was still in his seat looking around. I laugh as I walk over to his door and open it for him. Mark looks at me confused and carefully steps out.

We walk in to see Abby wave over. Catching up, I notice Felix (pewds) sitting next to her. He smiles and looks at Mark; his smile fading.

"Hi you guys!", I smile and sit down at the other side with Mark.
"Is this your date?", Abby smirked.

"Um, sorta", I laughed nervously until Mark rudely blurted something out.

"If you mean date by an representation term or class associated with a data element, then the answer is no", Mark stated.

I punched him hard on the arm under the table.

"But!, he continued in irony,"If you're talking about a form of courtship which may include any social activity undertaken by, typically, two people with the aim of assessing each other's suitability as a partner, then that is correct", he kept looking at Abby; looking at both, Mark and I back and forth.

I continued to grit my teeth; embarrassed that I finally see Abby's new partner and this happened.

"Smart one, isn't he?", Felix laughed.
We all laugh uncomfortably while Mark is still emotionless.

I whisper to Mark, "Okay, Mark, laugh. Now", I commanded quietly to him.

He laughed as if it was all hilarious to him.
Everyone, including me, stared at him in the strangest way.

"If you'll excuse me-", I say as stepping out of the booth chair and pulling Mark with me.
"Mark and I are going to have a little talk", I angrily say. I pull Mark outside the restaurant doors and turning him around so I can see his face to have a discussion with him.

"Why can't you just be normal for once?!", I yelled at him.

He looked a little sad; his eyes wide open and his mouth open unable to say a word, like he was a tiny cat being yelled at by a woman.

I glare at him for a minute; he looks straight back at me.
"Behave", I commanded before rapidly turning around to go back inside the restaurant.
I look around the whole place, trying to find Felix and Abby but I don't see them at all.
Walking over to what looks like our original seat, they are no where to be seen. I huddle up to a waiter for assistance.
"Have you seen a man with brown hair and a red head around here?", I smiled weakly.

The waiter looked at the ceiling for awhile, trying to think as if his brain should be faced up.

"I did see the red head go to the bathroom.., not sure about the other guy"
I thank him and dash to the bathroom; rapidly knocking on he bold door.
Bang bang

"Abby?"

There was nothing.

I sigh and walk back out the front doors to look for Mark.

I open the door, letting fresh air dive into my face. Although that felt good, Mark wasn't standing here anymore.

"Mark!?", I yelled.

There still was nothing.
Where did he go?

I yell and yell for him, receiving only glares from people walking on the sidewalk.
Maybe if I visit the Google tower down in Detroit then I can find out what's going on.

I hop in my car, insert the keys and pull out of he parking lot. I put more and more strength on my foot moving accelerate. I need to drive to Detroit quick.

Looking at my mirror, I can see tons of Google IRLs with the same appearance as youtubers but no one matching the appearance of Mark.
Come on, I growl to myself trying to race through the traffic.

I need to stop this. This world is going to be over run with robots, destroying mankind.
Unless I do something, no one will be safe anymore.