« First Step. »

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I know. People are making fun of my name since I'm little. At first, it was hurting me and I always came home crying. Then, my father told me to wipe the tears away and to never feel like my name is as dumb as people would say. I have a name that has a lot of character and meaning, and I'm honored to have been named this way. Only amazing men can be named August."

She nodded her head and grinned, "Yes."

"Hey, honey." 

Shay turned her head to see her mother standing in her bathroom doorway, "Hey ! " She greeted back smiling.

"I heard that you're stealing my husband away from me for the night." Kim said in a joke tone.

Shay chuckled, "Yup ! Sorry, but not sorry. He's your husband, but he's my father."

Kim folded her arms, "His father and so what ? "

"So, I can steal him away from you whenever I want to." 

"Whatever. Do you need money, since you're the one who invites ? " 

"No, it should be okay...I guess."

"Here some extra. Your father has a big stomach. Him being skinny means nothing, at all. Have fun." She kissed her daughter's cheek and handed her the money, "I'm happy you two are working on your relationship."

"Yeah. And hopefully everything will come back the way it was, maybe even better."

Aug III sprayed some cologne on himself, checked his outfit one more time in the mirror, grabbed his stuff that was his phone, wallet and keys and then made his way out of the house. Tonight, he was going out with Osiria instead of trying to sneak in a club with his friends. He'd rather done that than getting in trouble for stupid shit like possession of a fake ID. 

"Where are you going ? " Samuel -one of the triplets- asked looking his big brother up and down suspiciously, "We're supposed to have our video games night."

"Shit..." Aug III mumbled under his breath wiping his face. He completely had forgotten about it and he didn't do it on purpose, but were his little brothers going to believe him ? He sighed thinking about the right words to tell him, "Uh...Look, I w-"

Samuel groaned and stomped his feet like a three years old would do, "I can't believe this ! You can't spend a night away from your friends for us ? We're your little brothers ! Oh my God, just go ! "

"Wait, Samy ! " He grabbed his t-shirt to hold him back, "I forgot and I'm sorry for that. But I promise, next Saturday we'll do everything y'all want. Okay ? "