23. Full Circle

I could feel the black but I couldn't push it away. I couldn't move. Just breathe. That's all. Breathe and wait. Because SOMEONE was going to come... Eventually.

******

I opened my eyes and felt nothing but hands. Arms were across my chest, pulling me away. I couldn't hear or see the fight going on.

"Wha...?" I felt disorientated.

"You're okay." Aro's voice was hardly soothing.

"Mom..." I whimpered.

Suddenly I felt stronger. I knew my mother was answering my silent prayer.

I focused and the sun scorched Aro's hand. He hissed in pain and annoyance. I wriggled free and we fought.

It was only seconds later that I felt hands on my waist. Benjamin picked me up and I kicked Aro in the face. I was put down behind his body. Then they were fighting. Benjamin sent gusts of wind, water and fire all in Aro's direction. He got more and more frustrated as he tried to dodge each element. He tried to get to me again and again. 

He finally managed to send Benjamin flying. However I saw red and it was easy to allow my anger to echo in my palms. 

Aro reached out to me and I grabbed his wrist. He howled in agony as the boiling sun burnt him. He tried to pull away but the sun was too painful. The rays burnt through his wrist and his hand was scorched off. Aro roared in agony and took a swing at me. His other hand slapped me across the face and lifted me off my feet, launching me into the trees. I hit the trunk of a tree. To stunned to move, I stayed lying by the roots. Aro didn't come for me so I presumed he was fighting Benjamin.

I rolled to my feet.

Aro had lost his arm. Benjamin had set fire to it. He was now crouched on the floor. I jumped and used his back to push off, pouncing on Aro. I smashed my hand against his mouth. He struggled, unable to push me away. As he struggled, he backed towards a tree. He finally bashed against it and using the grip I had, I whacked his head against the trunk.

Suddenly Aro opened his mouth and bit into my hand. Bit right into my flesh. The pain was too much. I gasped and tried to release my hand.

Benjamin grabbed Aro's hair and pulled. He released my hand and I dropped to the floor, agonized.

I could see Benjamin try to fight through my blurry vision.

He was going to lose.

I felt helpless. And in a lot of pain.

"Shannon!" Jasper's voice came from nowhere.

"Help Benjamin!" Carlisle's voice had a body as he knelt down beside me. Jasper also came into view as he and Benjamin worked to take apart Aro.

Carlisle placed his hand on my waist, looking into my eyes. I looked back.

"Don't.... Let... Me... Become..."

"I know. There's still time."

"Then DO IT!" Jasper shouted.

"I... I can't." Carlisle looked slightly frightened. I screamed in agony. The pain was everywhere.

"Why?!" Jasper was almost sobbing.

"She's bleeding... EVERYWHERE!"

Suddenly Aro fell to his knees. His head was torn off.

His lifeless body slumped to the ground. I could see Alice with his head in her hand.

I could see most of our family now. They kept their distance. Maybe because of the blood.

"Let me do it." Uncle Emmett said. He looked slightly anxious.

"You sure?" Carlisle looked up at him.

"JUST DO IT!" Jasper sobbed.

Carlisle moved, keeping his hand on my waist. Uncle Emmett took one of my burning hands.

"When do I know...?"

"I'll tell you." Uncle Edward said.

Uncle Emmett nodded and pressed his lips against the wound.

The pain worsened and I attempted to thrash about. However Carlisle pinned me down, making it impossible.

At long last, the pain started to fade. I blinked, sleepily. I felt so tired.

"Stop." Uncle Edward told Uncle Emmett.

"Venom..." Uncle Emmett moaned. My hand was feeling numb now.

"It's her own venom." Carlisle explained.

"Em, you're going to kill her." Uncle Edward warned.

"Stop, Emmett." Carlisle's voice was so soothing, it was like a lullaby. My vision continued to get more and more blurry.

"Oh God..." Uncle Emmett pulled away, dropping my hand and ran into the trees. Jasper dropped into his place.

"Her pulse is dropping." Carlisle muttered.

"Then BITE HER." Jasper demanded. He looked half mad in his despair.

"No..." I murmured.

"She hasn't got enough blood in her veins." Carlisle told him.

"Shannon... Don't die..." Tomy cried. "You're the only link I have to Samantha! Please!"

"Love you...." I closed my eyes.