6. Talented

When they all came back downstairs, Shannon was wearing a playsuit I had never seen before. It was black with white small polka-dots. Tomy was wearing blue pants and a green shirt. I also noticed a sun design on the back of Shannon's hands.

Alice was looking her usual bubbly self. I took her in my arms as she walked by me.

Shannon stayed by the door with her brother.

"I shouldn't be here." Shannon told us.

"Why?" Esme asked, her face disappointed.

"Because... I'm not... SAFE around normal people..."

"Well we aren't just normal people. We're vampires." I said, flashing a smile at Shannon. She giggled and shook her head.

"I'm being serious."

"Show them." Tomy said. Shannon looked at him, frightened.

"Oh! I couldn't..."

"It's okay. I'm here." He soothed her.

"Show them." Alice nodded. Shannon moved her hands in an 'x' gesture. We all watched, amazed as what looked like balls of fire floated an inch above the palms of her hands.

"I control the weather. That is to say... The weather is in me."

"Now how do you explain that one, Carlisle?" Edward murmured.

"Could you predict the weather when you was human?" Carlisle.

"No... I've never been human. But Samantha could in a way. Her moods would change to whatever the weather was like." Shannon replied.

"So the weather is now you..." Carlisle murmured, his eyes fixed on Shannon.

"What about you?" I asked Tomy.

"The cure to Shannon. That's why Maria wanted to have her killed. Because Shannon had accidentally lost control of her powers and burnt off Maria's ear." Tomy explained.

"Shannon, you aren't a danger. We are all talented in our own ways." Edward said.

"Really?" She asked.

"I can read minds." He told her.

"Five." Alice said, her eyes on Shannon.

"Wha-?"

"Alice can see the future. She knew you was about to ask me through thoughts what twenty divided by four was." Edward explained.

I looked over at Jacob. I sent wave after wave of panic over him. I could see Edward hide a smirk as Jacob's eyes nearly popped with his panic.

"Jasper can feel and control emotions." Alice told Shannon.

"Can you leave my boyfriend alone please, Uncle Jasper?" Renesmee asked. I released Jacob from the emotions and looked back at Shannon. She was looking stunned.

"And Renesmee can show her thoughts." Bella added. Nessie got up and pressed her hand to Shannon's cheek. Just like we all had, Shannon started in surprise as the first thing hit her. She pulled her hand back and smiled.

"Bella is a shield. She can protect herself and others from bad thought powers." Edward told Shannon.

"Rosalie has tenacity... Being vain in other words." Shannon looked at Rosalie who shrugged. I could see in Rosalie's eyes that Shannon was not going to miss Samantha at all. The same look was in Esme's eyes.

"Esme has the ability to love deeply." I told Shannon.

"Carlisle has compassion and Emmett has strength beyond normality of vampires." Alice finished.

"So we're all talented." I told her. Shannon nodded and smiled, looking at everyone.

"Yeah I can see that."