9. Forks

I watched as Shannon walked around the house. Around us, our family unpacked. Esme and Rosalie kept a wary eye on Shannon as the scent of curious human was slightly strong.

Once we had unpacked, we all went to the living room for a talk.

"Okay. So I want to nail down a few things." Carlisle said, calling order to everyone. We all quietened and looked at him.

"What things, darling?" Esme asked.

"First of all... For while we're here... Shannon should sleep in Edward's old room." Carlisle glanced at Edward who nodded.

"What about Uncle Edward?" Tomy asked. I could feel his embarrassment as asking, though I had no idea why.

"Vampires don't sleep." Carlisle told him, looking slightly confused. Tomy's embarrassment deepened as he dropped his gaze to the floor.

"That wasn't what I meant." He muttered. Edward smiled at Tomy, slightly.

"Bella and I have our own cottage near here." He explained. Everyone finally realized what Tomy meant and in synchronization, all shuddered. All but Emmett who was smirking.

"Oh God! Guys! PLEASE!" Edward begged, cringing.

"Trust me... We don't think of that on purpose..." I shuddered as I spoke. Emmett howled with laughter, making Shannon, Nessie and Jacob all jump.

"Okay! Order please!" Carlisle called. We all quietened down to listen. "Next we should stay here for three or two weeks. Bella can visit Charlie and Jacob and see his family and check in with his pack."

"Can I come with you Mom?" Nessie asked. Bella smiled at her daughter.

"Grampa would arrest me if I didn't let you."

"I'll come too." Edward nodded.

"And also, I don't think we should take everything with us when we head off to Virginia." Carlisle continued.

"Why not?" Rosalie asked.

"Well... I haven't exactly decided how long we'll be staying there." He replied.

"Long enough..." Emmett murmured.

"I don't want to be out there for too long..." Bella whispered.

"Neither do I." Jacob added.

"Why's that?" Edward asked, glancing at me. I could feel the pain and sadness coming from both Bella and Jake.

She's in agony, Edward.

"Yes I know..." He murmured.

"What did I miss?" Alice asked.

"Bella." Edward's tone was grieved.

"What's going on?" Carlisle glanced at Edward, Bella and I, confused.

"Bella, tell me..." Edward pleaded.

"It's been seven years. I only saw Charlie twice a month within that. And Renee, once a year."

"What are you trying to say?" Esme asked, putting an arm around Bella's shoulders.

"They're getting older... I never even thought about it..." Bella groaned, putting her head in her hands.

"Every human gets old eventually, Bells..." Carlisle said, softly.

"More of a reason to see him." Bella's pain twisted into agony. I couldn't help but wrap an arm around my stomach with pain.

"And my dad..." Jacob added. Nessie rubbed his arm, comfortingly.

"I know Bella, Jacob. I truly do. And I sympathise. But we can't stay any longer than we have to." Carlisle looked ta the pair, pain etched into his features.

"We can always send them over to where we are?" Esme suggested.

"Or visit them?" Rosalie added.

"Money isn't a problem, Bella." Carlisle told her.

"How often?" Bella asked, still looking pained.

"Once or twice a week? Would that be good?"

"What about Renee?" Bella did not look soothed.

"You can visit her..." Carlisle sounded unsure.

"How? She would freak if she saw me like this." Bella gestured down to her perfect body.

"You have a new disease called Goldistillis." Edward told her.

"Err... What?" Alice snorted.

"A deficiency of not enough calcium and iron. You can't go out in the sunlight because of severe burns to the skin." Edward replied. Everyone looked at him, stunned.

"That isn't even a thing... Is it?" Carlisle sounded so unsure of himself, that it was almost funny. Edward looked at us all and laughed.

"No." We all laughed too. Even Bella and Jacob smiled a bit and relaxed.

"So is that okay, Bella?" Carlisle asked.

"Yes. I suppose."

"What about me?" Jacob asked. He looked slightly upset but his emotions told me he was appalled.

He hates asking...

"I figured," Edward murmured as he placed a hand on Jacob's shoulder. "You're family too Jake."

"Oh Dad!" Renesmee stood up and threw her arms around her father, taking him completely by surprise. He put his arm around her, hugging her back.

"Thanks blood-sucker." Jacob said, smiling at the little scene.

"Anytime wolf." Edward smirked at him.

And we were back. All worries gone once more. Back to being a family living in Forks.