16. The Coupled Pairs

"It's our best chance of survival." I explained.

"It's a good idea." Carlisle agreed.

My idea was for everyone to have a partner. You would protect and defend the partner.

"I'm with Stefan." Vladimir said, immediately. 

"How can we choose?" Siobhan looked anxiously at Liam and Maggie.

"That's not what I mean. Targets need to be protected. And the talented need to be singled out." I explained.

"Who...?" Carmen asked. I stood up and looked around the room.

"Zafrina, Kate, Eleazar, Bella, Alice, Jasper, Edward, Siobhan, Tomy, myself and Benjamin."

"So what do we do?" Eleazar asked.

"Zafrina, Kate, Bella, Edward, Alice and Tomy will focus on opposing talents. It's your job to single out the enemy talents. For example, Jane NEEDS to have two. At all times. Bella and Kate preferably." I replied.

"What about Alec?" Tanya asked.

"Zafrina and Tomy."

"What about us?" Uncle Edward asked.

"You will act around Alice. You two will be watching for danger. Uncle Edward, you're acting on Alice's visions but her life is in your hands. You MUST protect her." He nodded.

"What about me?" Siobhan asked.

"You're working with Alice and Edward. You need to ensure the safety of targets though."

"And me?" Dad asked. I walked over to my adoptive father and took his hand.

"Can you remember Jane using her gift on me?" Dad winced.

"How could I forget?"

"I need you to use that and flip it." Dad looked horrified.

"I... I don't..."

"For everyone's sake, you must. You need to protect Alice," Dad bit his lip, hesitating. I whispered in his ear. "I can't lose another mother figure."

Dad nodded, face determined.

"Okay."

Moonlight Glowजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें