52. Cornered

We had a week tops. The Volturi were coming. Not for Alice. Not for Bella.

For me and Tomy.

Alice didn't know that yet. She said the motive was missing. Carlisle was comforted at the thought that we hadn't done anything wrong. Tomy and I knew that we had.

And so did Jasper, Edward and Alice.

****

Uncle Emmett grabbed my arm and pulled me into the kitchen. I struggled with him but it was pointless. He was too strong.

The kitchen door shut and Uncle Emmett let me go. I turned around to face him. Uncle Emmett, Uncle Edward and Jasper were advancing on me. I walked backwards slowly.

"Hey now..." I laughed, nervously. Their faces were very serious.

My back pressed against the corner of the kitchen counter. The three male vampires continued to advance.

They had me cornered. All three of them were so close together that there was no escape. They all looked down at me and crossed their arms over their chests in synchronization. It was slightly scary.

"Spill." Jasper said. His voice was menacing. It was honestly scaring me.

"Spill... Spill what?" Nervousness filled me. I cringed at it.

"Tell us where you've been going." Uncle Edward hissed.

"What's your big secret?" Uncle Emmett growled.

"Why are you hiding?" Jasper whispered.

"Where have you been?" Uncle Edward repeated.

"Nowhere..." I murmured.

"Where do you and Tomy go?" Uncle Emmett asked.

"Please... Stop..."

"Our lives are on the line here!" Uncle Edward told me.

"I'm not losing you or Alice."

"I'm not losing my Bella."

"So tell us."

"Give me a break..." I groaned.

"Start speaking!" Jasper growled.

"Can you three leave her alone?" Tomy came in. Uncle Emmett, Uncle Edward and Jasper broke apart. I squeezed between them and made my escape.