8. Weakness

I opened my eyes as I felt water being sprinkled onto my face.

I looked up to see Carlisle's face. We were sitting on the grass, near the stream. My head was in Carlisle's lap.

"Are you alright, sweetheart?" He asked.

"I think so..." I blinked slightly. I felt so drained.

"She's exhausted." Uncle Edward murmured. I couldn't see him.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You passed out and it took half an hour for us to get to you. Your body was angry about not being allowed to release your full talent." Carlisle explained.

"Oh..." I closed my eyes.

"We're calling it a day." Uncle Edward told me.

"But I need to practise." I protested.

"Next week. Maybe. But I know what Jasper will have to say about this."

"And right now, you need some food and blood." Carlisle said.

"When was the last time you hunted? That could be why you fainted." Tomy suggested.

Carlisle tilted my face upwards and looked into my eyes.

"Black." He murmured.

"Yep. You need some blood." Uncle Edward confirmed.

Carlisle cradled me in his arms and stood up. I closed my eyes and relaxed into his blue cotton shirt. As we walked, I could hear Carlisle humming a song. I recognized the tune but couldn't recall what it was or who sung it. However the beautiful tune relaxed me more and I fell asleep.

******

I woke up in bed. Someone was beside me, an arm around me as they stroked my hair. I looked over to see who it was.

"Hi..." Jasper murmured.

"What time is it?" I whispered. My eyes were filled with sleep and my throat was thick too.

"Seven morning time."

"Was I really asleep all this time?" I mumbled.

"Yes. And that reminds me. You're forbidden from doing talent control class." I stared at Dad, outraged.

"I NEED that class, Dad!" He shook his head at me.

"No. I'm not letting that happen."

"Please..." I begged.

"No. I would rather die than have to see you like this again." Jasper told me. His golden eyes were hard as gemstones. I sighed and nodded.

"Fine."