17. One Night

It was the night before the Volturi was to come. Everything was ready. So soon was to be some kind of confrontation. I had got Shannon settled in bed then had taken Alice to bed. We had made love then shared a naked cuddle together. It was one of my favorite things to do with my wife. I loved her so much.

As the sun came up, we got dressed. I wore a blue shirt and black jeans. Alice wore a blue vest top and blue pants.

"That color looks nice on you." I complimented her, nodding to the vest.

"Thank you." She put on a crest. A bracelet with the Cullen Crest on it. I put on my wrist cuff.

"What time is it?" I asked. Alice caught my wrist and helped me to put it on.

"Six." She let go but I pulled her close and kissed her. She kissed me back.

"I love you." I told her once we had broken apart.

"I love you too." We kissed once more then went downstairs.

Everyone but Shannon, Renesmee, Jacob, Bella and Edward were downstairs. They were already dressed for a possible fight. Esme was handing out glasses of animal blood to everyone.

"We need to have a lot of strength." She said, giving me then Alice a glass each.

"How long do we have, Alice?" Carlisle asked.

"A few hours." She replied.

I wandered out of the house, still holding my drink. The moon was gone but my sharp eyes could see the remaining stars left in the near dawn. I sipped blood as I watched those twinkling lights disappear one by one.