4. Carlisle

"Jasper!" My adoptive father ran to me and knelt down beside me. "Jasper? Are you hurt?" His sharp golden eyes scanned me for missing limbs or something.

"No..." I murmured.

I was just in shock. Shocked that he had found me. Shocked that he was here.

And horrified of what he would think.

"Can you get up, son?" I stood at the same time he did. He then hugged me, not casting a glance at the scars on my bare chest. I hugged him back. My father...

He then pulled away.

"How is she?" Carlisle moved to the slab.

"How did you know?"

"Alice told Edward and I." He replied. I moved to the other side of the girl.

There was less color in her cheeks, her skin looked as strong as our's. No blood poured from her scars. And yet her heartbeat could be heard. It was much slower than a normal human's.

Carlisle pressed his fingers to her wrist.

"Her heart is so slow that if she was any human, she would be in a coma..."

"That isn't right?"

"No but we won't know anything until she wakes up." I looked at Carlisle, panicked.

"Is there something wrong with me?" Carlisle looked back, concerned.

"I don't know..." Suddenly we heard a gasp from the girl. We looked at her as she opened her eyes.