22. The Hotel

I opened my eyes and looked around the room. It wasn't familiar to me. As a result, I started to panic.

"Shannon. Hey, it's okay!" Jasper was beside me in a second. His fingers were on my face, calming. I looked into his golden eyes, my breathing ragged.

"Where am I?" I whispered.

"We're in a hotel in Texas. Just outside of Houston."

"How long for?"

"Just for tonight. It was a long journey." My breathing returned to normal. Jasper took hold of my hands in his.

"Better?" I nodded and crawled onto his lap. He brushed a strand of his blonde hair out of his eyes as he wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him and he held me back. His lips moved from my forehead to my hair to my ear.

"We will be seeing your mom real soon. I promise." I nodded, looking around the room again properly.

Jasper and I were sitting on the only bed in the room. Alice and Tomy were sat on the couch, watching T.V.

I got off my father's lap and walked over to Alice. She looked up at me, smiling sadly.

"I'm afraid I don't know."

"Don't know what?" Jasper was beside me in a split second.

"Dad... I wish you would stop that!" Jasper smiled at me.

"My apologies. But answer the question." He looked at Alice now.

"Shannon wants to know what happened to Thomas. But I don't know." She replied.

"Why do you want to know?" He asked me.

"Revenge." Tomy replied, cracking his knuckles.

"We're here only for Samantha. Not to start more vampire fights." Jasper said.

"Our mother DIED because of that bastard."

"Shannon! Language!"

"It's true, Dad..." Jasper took my face in his hands.

"I know but language is valued in life and needs to be clean." I rolled my eyes in response.

"Dad, you sound like you're fifty." Jasper smiled, letting go of my face.

"Close. Hundred and sixty-nine actually."

"Lord Almighty!" I exclaimed.

"Your grandfather's worse. He was born in the 1600s." Alice chuckled.

"You changed the subject." Tomy pointed out. Jasper glared at him.

"Yeah. Thanks Tomy."

"Food is being served if you want to take Shannon down." Alice cut in. Jasper looked at Alice, opening and closing his mouth like a fish. He then sighed and nodded.

"Fine... Okay Shannon?" I glanced down to what I was wearing. Pajamas.

"Oh..." Alice stood up and went to a suitcase which was on the floor at the end of the bed. She then took out some clothing. A dress. I took it and walked to the bathroom. I then shut and locked the door behind me.

I unfolded the dress. Tucked inside was a pair of socks, panties and bra. The dress was knee-length, a shade of purple. I put on the clothes. The dress had butterflies on it.

There was a hairbrush on the cabinet. I picked it up and brushed until the knots were flowing curls.

"Ready to go, Shan?" Jasper called. I opened the door.