12. Preparation

We were prepared. Prepared for the worst. Every day Alice watched the Volturi, anxious for Felix to return. But he never did and Aro remained oblivious to our distress.

Edward watched and waited for Felix to come back. The wolf pack ran patrols just like before when Renesmee was just a starved foetus. Renesmee, Shannon and Tomy were escorted everywhere. It annoyed them but it put our minds at ease.

We had always hunted in groups but we were more careful now. Today was me, Shannon, Tomy, Alice and Carlisle. He wanted to make sure that Shannon didn't lose control and start to hunt the humans. Tomy was getting better himself now. He hunted animals in the same sense a human pinches their nose while eating sprouts. Shannon still preferred humans though.

"Stinking animals..." Shannon muttered.

"You alright, Shan?" Shannon's new nickname was that as we all agreed that her full name was a bit of a mouthful.

Shan now looked at me, annoyed.

"Nope."

"What's up?" Carlisle asked.

"I don't want to hunt animals..." She grumbled.

"As a Cullen... You don't really get much of a choice." Carlisle told her, sternly.

"Shall we?" Ally gestured to the trees. We all started to run. Soon, I passed myself over to my senses. And it wasn't long before we smelt the scent of a group of herbivores. I crouched and pounced. My teeth sunk into the dirty fur of my prey. I drank the blood and it wasn't long until the deer had stopped its struggles. The blood filled me up some and soothed some of the aching thirst. I had one more deer to soothe the rest of the ache and then watched the others.

Carlisle was hovering near Shannon who was drinking the blood from her second deer. Alice was taking down her third deer. I guessed she was trying to fill herself up so she could See better.

Tomy was draining his second deer. He tossed the body aside with some disgust. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Want to clean up?" I asked, gesturing to his bloody hands and face.

"We'll meet up with you." Carlisle said. I nodded and walked off to the nearby stream with Tomy.

We washed our faces and hands in the water in silence. It wasn't long until we heard distant shrieks that were gradually coming closer. Tomy and I prepared ourselves when I realized the shriek came from Alice. I was just about to leap into the trees when Alice came flying out. She landed on me and we both fell into the water. I gasped in shock.

"Alice! My best shirt!" Alice giggled.

"Take it off then." She winked at me and I rolled my eyes back.

I was lying on the shallow muddy bottom of the stream, water rushing past me and flooding my ears but I didn't care. Alice was sitting on top of me, her dress soaked. Her hands were on my chest, keeping me pinned while she unbuttoned my shirt. I loved feeling her hands on me.

She took off my shirt and sent it on a trip downstream. My bare back now pressed against stones, dirt and muck. It didn't hurt at all.

I could hear splashing and laughter. It was nice.

Carlisle was in my range of sight. I could just see him smiling at us.

"I love you." Alice told me. I looked back at her and smiled back.

"I love you too." She bent down and kissed me. I kissed back, placing my hands on her waist.

As we kissed a part of my mind reminded me that this wasn't counted as being prepared. I shrugged it off as another part evened it out by reminding me that we didn't know when or even if Felix was going to come back. We were okay for now.