4. Shannon

"Who are you?" Her voice was soft. Soft and sweet.

"I'm Carlisle Cullen and this is my son, Jasper."

"Who are you?" I asked her, unable to hide my desperation.

"Shannon. Shannon Whitlock." I stopped and looked at her, properly.

"Whitlock?"

"Yes... Are you Jasper Whitlock?"

"Yes... But how...?" Shannon sat up on the concrete slab. Her hair was blonde, the exact same shade as mine. Her eyes were emerald green but her pupils were slightly bigger than normal. It looked slightly scary. Her clothes were shabby, torn in places.

She reminded me of myself in looks and attitude.

"I'm the daughter of Samantha Whitlock. Your human sister." She told me.

"So... You're my niece...?" I whispered. The information was hard to process. Shannon nodded.

"How are you vampire? Tell us your story." Carlisle begged.

"My mother was seduced by a man called Thomas-"

"Maria." I growled. The name and thought of both Maria and Thomas made my heart heavy and my stomach sick.

"Yes. Thomas was with her while she was pregnant. She died giving birth. Thomas took me and my brother-"

"Brother?!" I asked.

"Yes. My brother is a minute older than me. He is called Tomy Whitlock."

"So I have a nephew?" You know that dizzy feeling humans get before they pass out? Well that's exactly what I had right now. Just that I knew I wasn't going to pass out.

"Yes but let me finish the story," I nodded. "We were taken to a woman called Maria. She gave us humans to drink. She trained up Tomy while he was young. Then he had to fight humans. As he got older, he had to fight vampires. It scared me.

"Finally Maria told Tomy to kill me. But we loved each other. He was my brother... So WE killed HER. And we ran away."

"How do you know about me?"

"I had been seeking out humans for Tomy to kill. One time, I overheard someone talking to Maria. He mentioned someone called Jasper Whitlock. She slapped him and told him not to talk about that again.

"I knew Whitlock was my surname. So I went out and asked about you. A very old man told me of how you had been in the Calvary then suddenly disappeared.

"When Tomy and I ran away, we decided to find you. We tracked down a lot of people and eventually found you." Shannon gestured towards me.

"You can come with me." I said, glancing at Carlisle. He nodded at me and I smiled at him.

"I would like that..." Shannon murmured. I held out my hand and she took it. I then helped her off the slab and we all walked out of the room.