24. Hybrid

I didn't know anything but I didn't mind. Sleep felt nice. I didn't have dreams so I could feel what was going on around me. I could feel the bliss and I could feel the pain of venom running through my veins. Feel it but I never made a noise.

Life is hard to live through. Fears at every turn. But you have to face your fears to make life more beautiful, more bearable.

*****

I opened my eyes at the prick on my finger.

"Ouch..."

"Sorry." Carlisle smiled down at me. "Good morning."

"What... What's going on?"

"We won. But three died and two got injured."

"Who?" Carlisle sat on my bed and took my hand.

"I'm so sorry, Shannon..."

"Who?!" Tears were already filling my eyes.

"Amun, Lavender... And Tomy." I stopped breathing. For a second, I honestly felt my heart break. Rip and tear.

"Why?" I gasped through deep sobs.

"It was a surprise attack. Amun was killed first. Taken by surprise. Alice was taken by the Volturi. Tomy died a hero because he attempted to get the guards off her. He succeeded but he got killed himself."

"Lavender?"

"Went to avenge her boyfriend and was killed." I sobbed and Carlisle put his arms around me. I was grateful for I needed the comfort.

After some time, I managed to ask Carlisle who was injured.

"Just you and Leah. She broke her leg." I nodded and leaned against Carlisle. He was so calming.

I couldn't believe it. My other half... Was dead. Tomy. My twin.... He had joined Mom now. He had left me...

"Are you hungry?" Carlisle suddenly asked. I nodded.

He took my hand and took out the I.V which I hadn't noticed before. I nearly passed out when I saw the needle.

"How... did... you... put it... in me...?" I asked, faintly.

"Because you're a hybrid again. Half and half. You had to regain some scars but..."

"What do you mean?"

"Well... When we got you back to the house... There was barely enough time. You was slipping away... And I couldn't change you with so little blood. I gave you three blood transfusions. I had to half them. You got a full one. I then bit you. You had a first half of a second transfusion then Jasper bit you. You had the second half then Emmett bit you. You had the first half of the third then Alice bit you. I gave you the last half a few nights back."

"So venom wise..."

"You're linked to me, Jasper, Alice and Emmett."

"Really?" Carlisle smiled.

"Yes. Emmett really wanted to help after nearly killing you." Carlisle helped me up and to put my bath robe and slippers on.

"Did everyone go back home?" I asked.

"Nearly. We moved to Cornwall, England. Benjamin and Tia and all the Denalis came with us. Stefan and Vladimir had gone to Italy to take over the Volturi. They will rule wisely. Everyone else went back home but us." We walked downstairs and into the living room.

All of them were there. But I noticed the huge gap and it tore my heart. Jasper got off the couch and held me close. I allowed the tears to fall...