39. Back to School

Tomy wouldn't let me go. He hovered as if he was preparing to catch me if I passed out.

Jasper met us at Lunch and we walked to the cafeteria together.

I sat down, not planning to eat anything. However Alice came to the table, tray in hand and placed it in front of me before sitting next to Jasper.

I looked at the milk, the lime cheesecake and the pot of raspberries.

"Plenty of calcium and vitamin C. So eat up."

"But-"

"No buts." Jasper interrupted, placing his arm around his wife.

"Jasper..."

"Nope. Eat." He closed his eyes as if to prevent any further conversation.

"Uncle Emmett?" I begged turning to him. He was feeding Aunt Rosalie grapes.

"Do as he says." He told me.

I groaned as I picked up a fork. I stabbed a piece of cheesecake and ate it. Surprisingly, it tasted nice. I ate the whole thing then moved to the raspberries.

"So what's the plan this spring break?" Uncle Edward asked.

"Beach." Jacob said, winking at Nessie.

"Me and Shannon have plans as well." Tomy said.

"If you're not grounded that is." I stopped, a raspberry halfway to my mouth. I looked from Uncle Edward to Jasper. Jasper frowned in thought.

"I think you both have been punished enough in the last week. You're off the hook. However keep your cells on and no more sneaking out." I dropped the raspberry in my delight.

"Thank you Dad!"

"Ssh!" Aunt Rose hushed, looking around.

I ignored her, hugging my father. He didn't hug me back at first, taken aback by my sudden emotion. He then wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear.

"Love you too."