20. Secret

We were off to Texas tomorrow. I couldn't believe it.

"This is going to be fun, huh?" Dad asked me.

"Yeah... Fun..." I folded a dress and handed it to him. He tucked it away into my suitcase.

"Shannon... You seem awfully distracted. Are you alright, honey?"

"I'm fine. Just tired." I replied.

"Don't believe you." I looked at my adoptive father. He was actually my uncle but I ignored that fact. He was more of a father to me.

"No one said you had to." Jasper sighed and looked back at me. His hands held one of my shirts.

"Please, Shannon. What's going on?"

"I don't want to talk about it!" I walked out of my bedroom. Jasper caught my upper arm. Damn, I hated how fast he was sometimes.

"Where are you going?"

"Off for a walk. Now for God's sake, leave me alone!" I pulled my arm out of his grip and walked out of the house.

Once I was out of the house, I started to run. I ran as fast as I possibly could, looking behind me in case of my intruding father.

As a result, I bumped into... Him.

"Oh! Are you okay?" He asked. I looked into his ruby red eyes, momentarily stunned into silence.

Danny. I had met him the night the Volturi had come. He was amazingly handsome. Black hair and ruby red eyes. His voice was so sexy. And his scent was like honey.

"What's up?" He asked me, softly.

"We're leaving. To Texas."

"You told me." As Danny spoke, he twirled me around on the spot then pulled me back to his body. We danced slowly, holding each other close.

"Well... What are you going to do?"

"Follow."

"Don't you think that you should meet my parents now?" Danny sighed as he spun me around again. "Oh come on, Danny! We can't keep this a secret forever! Especially not with my aunt Alice and my uncle Edward around."

"And we can't tell them just yet. Wait until the time is right." I sighed and we continued our slow dance.