38. Sick of Being Sick

For the whole of that week, my family were scared silly by my illness. That Saturday I passed out again and nearly hit my head on the way to the kitchen. Jasper caught me before I could.

That night we decided I wouldn't be able to go to school. Carlisle was to take a week of work. I argued with him to the best of my ability but it was pointless. Then Jasper refused to go to school.

"Not until she's better." I heard him say.

Jasper won his war. He was allowed to stay off school. Tomy wasn't so lucky. He cried, threw tantrums and attempted to get himself grounded. His attempts failed.

On Monday, according to Jasper, Carlisle and Esme, I didn't wake up for six hours. Carlisle had considered turning me because he was that worried that I wasn't waking up. However I had woken up half an hour later.

On Tuesday, I threw up and couldn't anything. Esme had me only on water all day.

Wednesday, I was freezing. Jacob was allowed to stay home. He felt upset at leaving Nessie but he was happy enough to help out. We talked all morning then I slept against him in the afternoon.

On Thursday, I was boiling. Jacob went back to school and Jasper took his place. I slept most of the day.

On Friday, Tomy attempted to pretend to be ill. It was kind of a fail. He was still drove to school. Meanwhile, Jasper took me outside for some fresh air. The chill spring air helped a lot.

Saturday, I spent the whole day in bed. So on Sunday, I was allowed to relax on the couch.

Uncle Emmett grabbed my feet, lifted them and sat down. He placed my feet down in his lap. I looked at him. He smiled and winked at me.

Carlisle then came in and placed his hand on my forehead.

"How're you feeling?"

"Better."

"Good," He checked my pulse then crouched down so his eyes were on level with mine. "No point in letting you go back to school is there?"

"Why?"

"They break up for Spring Break soon."

"Really?" I felt blank.

"Yep."

"When?"

"Wednesday."

"No... I wanna go to school." Carlisle frowned thoughtfully.

"Okay... Well we'll see how you go." He patted my hand and stood up then left.

I closed my eyes, hoping for sleep.

A minute or so later, I felt the weight of a quilt being placed over me. I didn't respond.

"Thanks Mom... My feet were getting cold." Uncle Emmett teased.

"Sshh... Let her sleep." Esme murmured.

I snuggled into the warmth of the quilt and drifted off to sleep.