4. Home Schooled

I hugged and kissed them all in turn. They all got into separate cars then left. Only Esme, Carlisle and I remained.

"Okay. I got you something." Carlisle told me, his eyes twinkling.

"Okay." I smiled.

He clapped his hand over my eyes. I felt Esme take my hand and lead me out of the living room and into another room.

"And... Voila!" Carlisle moved his hand and I looked around.

The room was a wood paneled study. On the right side, was a wall of books. To the left was a desk with a laptop. There was also a comfy deskchair.

Beside the desk to the left was a filing cabinet and to the right (in the corner was a pile of bean bags. On the wall to the left was a three way whiteboard.

"Oh...." I gasped in awe.

"You like it?" Esme asked. I nodded, speechless.

"Well from now on, this is where your lessons take place. Okay?" Carlisle told me. I nodded again and threw my arms around them both. They didn't react, surprised.

"Thank you." I whispered. They hugged me back, where we stayed for some time.

*******

Carlisle taught me for an hour of History once I was settled in. It was fascinating to listen to history from a first-hand account. We spent the hour on Cromwell's rule. After ten minutes of talking, he placed a history book in front of me and told me to read. I read a few pages on the topic then Carlisle got me an exercise book. He wrote some questions on my whiteboard then left me to it. I copied down the questions then replied to them.

We stopped for a drink break. Esme had made a jug of homemade lemonade. The best kind. I had a glass before going back to my study. Esme taught this time. She taught me English for one hour then Calculus for the next.

Esme and Carlisle were amazing teachers. They would choose one topic with a subject and explain it in a way I could understand. Then if there was something I was confused about, they would go over it until I understood it.

Once we had spent two hours, Carlisle came into tell us lunch was served.

He had made me a toasted cheese sandwich with salad and crisps. It was a very human meal but didn't taste too bad.

Esme then gave me a cookery lesson. We measured out ingredients together then took turns in mixing. Carlisle put a music channel on T.V and turned the music up loud. With their sensitive ears, it made me wonder how they could hear.

We put the cake to bake then Esme sat me down in my study to write up the recipe. She then got me to write about health and safety in the kitchen.

I was hard at work when the study door opened. I didn't look up, thinking it was Esme or Carlisle coming to check up on me.

The person walked around my desk then took my pen in one hand and my chin in the other. I looked up to see Jasper. Smiling at me.

"You been busy?" He asked.

"Yes!" And I told my father of everything to do with my first day of home schooling.