15. The Elemental Weather

I was sat outside by the stream. The house got so claustrophobic that I needed my space.

"Are you okay?" Benjamin sat down beside me. He was smiling softly.

"I'm okay. Just needed some space."

"Do you want me to go?" He asked.

"No, no."

We sat in silence for a little while. Benjamin moved his hand at the water. The water leapt into the air and became a small tornado.

I decided to show off.

I moved my hand slightly and the water to ice. The ice cracked and became millions of tiny hail stones. Benjamin looked at me, catching my eye. I smiled and he smiled back.

"Are you doing that?" He asked me.

"Yes. I influence weather as you influence elements." Benjamin beamed.

"I can tell we're going to get along." I nodded, clearly delighted with my new friend.

****

"Ready to go?" Benjamin asked me. I nodded and got up from Jasper's lap.

"Where are you off?" My father didn't stop his desperation and anxiety from leaking into his voice. Benjamin smiled, comfortingly.

"Just outside. Want to come?"

"Yes." Jasper stood up. I attempted to hide my annoyance as I knew why he wanted to come. He had just been so clingy ever since I had decided to fight.

Benjamin led the way outside. He went to a circular clearing surrounded by a half circle of trees. Jasper leaned against the trunk to watch while Benjamin and I sat a little way away, opposite each other.

I made it snow. Benjamin turned it to ice. I shaped the ice flakes into hail then aimed it at Benjamin. He melted it before it could touch him.

"Nice try, Shan." He taunted.

"We should try on a vampire." I murmured.

"I'm sure Tomy will-"

"I will." Garrett cut across Jasper. I hadn't noticed the small gathering. Garrett, Eleazar, Carlisle, Uncle Edward, Siobhan, Liam, Tia, Tomy and Daniel.

"Okay Garrett," Benjamin smirked as he stood up. He then pulled me up to my feet. "Over there." Garrett walked to a tree far from Jasper. Garrett was now about twenty paces away from where I stood beside Benjamin.

"Okay." Garrett's eyes gleamed as he focused on me.

"Go, Garrett." Garrett ran towards me.

I used the water in the stream to soak him. Garrett didn't stop or hesitate but continued to run. I froze the water to snow then to hail and aimed at Garrett. Garrett grunted as he backflipped to avoid the hailstones. He landed in a crouch then went to attack again. I used sun instead. The rays shone done in front of me, acting as a shield between myself and him. I couldn't see him. I could only see his sparkling shadow. He was stumbling about try to get through the sunshine to me. The rays were blinding him and everytime he tried to get to me, the sun was scorching him.

"Garrett, get on the floor." Benjamin commanded. I saw the sparkling shadow fall and I aimed the sunlight at the tress behind him. The rays set the leaves on fire and Benjamin used the water in the steam to set it out.

Garrett suddenly pounced, taking me by surprise. We both fell to the floor and Garrett placed his hands on my wrists so I was pinned.

"No! Let her do this!" Benjamin shouted. I didn't look up to see who had been trying to help. I was trying to get focus on my mind. At long last, I managed to form a snowball from the hail. With what little control I could gain from my pinned hands, I aimed the snowball at Garrett's temple. The force wasn't very strong but it surprised him. He released my hand and I rolled us over. He struggled as I focused and the sun rays touched the ground right beside him.

"She really CAN do this can't she?" Jasper whispered as I let the sun rays slide back up to the sky. It would stay there for a few minutes.

"Yes. She can." Benjamin smiled at him then pulled me to my feet, putting an arm around my waist.

"I think she would do much better if someone had her back just in case." Uncle Edward said as Benjamin pulled Garrett to his feet with his free hand.

"It's what I'm here for." He grinned.

"I can do it." Daniel said, looking slightly irritated.

"No offence but that isn't such a great idea as your both targets." Liam pointed out.

"I take care of your girl.... If you take care of mine." Benjamin nodded towards Tia as he held out his hand. Daniel hesitated then nodded and shook hands.