Chapter 80: I Want To Become Stronger Too

Tacchia Pheloi.

My feelings for her could be summed up as gratitude and concern.

Even at our first meeting, she did everything with a seasoned attitude, and above all, she generously gave items that were too much for a novice adventurer.

Conversely, there must be some reason she gave away such valuable items for free.

"Now, try to say this. Ta."

That was also why I was concerned about the name this child introduced herself with.

The soul of the Ego Weapon, created by her hand, using the same name as hers, might be related to that.

"Ttaa~"

"Not Tta, but Ta. Now, again."

"Taaa~"

"Then, Chi, and Ah."

"Chii~ Ah~"

"Good, now what do you say if you put it together?"

"Ttajiya~"

"...Right. Well done."

Perhaps because she was young and her tongue was short, her speech was a bit awkward.

But she could express her own will and, more importantly, understand what I said, even if her speech wasn't clear.

Thanks to that, communication during direct encounters like this was not difficult.

"Um, so can I call you Pheloi from now on?"

"Phenyoi?"

"Yeah, since your name is the same as your mother's, I thought it might be better to differentiate by surname."

Thinking we should at least settle on a form of address for the future, I suggested this, and the girl looking at me began to shake her head.

"Nyaaa, mama name different."

"...You're saying your name is different from your mom's?"

"Different."

Different? What does that mean?

Was the mother she was talking about not Tacchia?

"What is your mother's name?"

"Tacchia Pheloi."

"And your name?"

"Tacchia Hinui."

"...Aren't they the same?"

"Nyaaaa! Differeeeent!!!"

The little squirrel rat squirmed in my arms.

The girl, with an angry face, looked at me and said firmly,

"Mama is Tacchia Pheloi! I am Tacchia Hinui. Different!"

"Uh, uh-huh. Right. They're different."

I stroked the girl's head as she emphasized her point, and recalling what she had said, I came to a conclusion.

I roughly understand now.

In short, the two names seem somewhat similar, but it must be the pronunciation that made them sound alike.

Well, if they were mother and daughter, they would both use the surname Pheloi, so the latter part would be the same.

"So, can I call you Pheloi from now on?"

"Yeshhha~ Hehe~"

Thus, the little squirrel rat in my arms became Pheloi.

Perhaps I should call the weapon Pheloi too when I use it.