Chapter 32: Hyosung's~♥

Carrying luggage and performing other menial tasks was not a big deal for me and the other lower-ranked adventurers.

After all, if you were not a hero, most didn't even make it to veteran status and couldn't escape being mere laborers.

The reason for their grumbling might be that they started adventuring because they didn't want to be porters, but... newcomers who were short on everything probably had to do these kinds of jobs without complaint to save money.

"Alright, everyone worked hard. They said the farm would provide us with a meal, so come on!"

At least a small consolation was that these farms didn't need to distribute their produce, so they were quite generous with their specialties.

Frankly speaking, they said they would slaughter a Korean beef cow right there and serve it. How many would pass up that offer?

"Wow~ The color of this meat is excellent! It's been a while since I've had such a treat!"

"Hey, merchant. Can we crack open a keg of beer here?"

"Did you come to work or to sightsee!? If you're caught sneaking a drink, I'll tell the guild and lower your rating, so do whatever you want!"

That was how a small festival unfolded in a village we stopped by on the way to our destination.

It was a pity we couldn't drink, but just being able to eat the marbled meat was enough. Just as I was thinking this, Merilyn approached me with a plate in her hand.

"Here, Woo Hyo-sung. Have some."

"Oh, is this sausage?"

"The housewife over there just grilled it and brought it over."

At that moment, I saw the housewife grilling sausages on a grill not far away.

Given the labor-intensive nature of sausage-making, it seemed the supply being offered was limited to first-come, first-served.

She brought some over to feed me first.

Despite occasionally showing troublesome behavior, she really was a kind-hearted person, wasn't she?

"Ah, yes. Then I'll gratefully accept......"

Swish.

But as I reached out to accept her offer, Merilyn pulled her hand back.

Then, as she lifted the sausage in her hand toward my mouth, I could see the mischievous playfulness she had shown several times before.

"Um, Merilyn?"

"Ah~"

"...No."

"Ahh... ahh~"

Merilyn urged me to eat the sausage she held out.

Her face was smiling, but her steady hand conveyed strong determination to ensure I ate the sausage.

It was a gesture of kindness in its own way, so I wasn't upset.

The only problem was the overwhelming pressure of someone feeding me and my self-consciousness about others watching.

"Merilyn, um. People around us are watching, so maybe we should avoid conspicuous behavior.... Uh!"

"Hehe, it's hot, so be careful."

Merilyn pushed the sausage into my open mouth.

Contrary to her words, perhaps because she cooled it with her breath, the sausage wasn't as hot as I expected.