Chapter 53: Everything Follows Fate

Splash.

The bathtub mirrored the ambiance of the hotel room.

Airi, immersing herself in the cold water, submerged her head under the surface, lost in thought.

The chill penetrated deeply into every corner of her body.

She hoped it would cool the heat filling her head, but it only made the warmth more pronounced.

'How... how did I end up saying such a thing in front of Hyo-sung...?'

Indeed, no matter how much she tried to ignore reality, time kept moving forward.

Even if she had spoken without awareness, had she fled immediately after saying those words, she could have pretended it never happened.

Yet, by following him into this hotel, wasn't it as if she herself wished for it?

'Did I... really... do something like that...?'

The events she had seen through her prophecies were becoming reality.

Just imagining it, she felt a shiver run through her body that was submerged under the water.

As if preparing for what was to come, as if the instincts of her femininity were awakening.

'Wake up, Airi! No matter how bewildered, you can't lose yourself!'

Trying to deny such thoughts, Airi got out of the bathtub to compose herself.

Feeling a sense of rebellion against her feelings, she actively left the bathroom, changed into light indoor clothes in the changing room, and came out to the living room.

At that moment, he, who had been out, returned.

"Airi, I brought some drinks..."

"Ah, Hyo-sung."

Airi, drying her hair with a towel, called his name.

She tried to hide her previous confusion by steadying her voice, but for some reason, she felt his gaze stiffen when he faced her.

"Why are you like that?"

"Oh, no... I bought some drinks. Would you like to join me?"

"Ah, yes. Alcohol..."

It wasn't uncommon to bring alcohol when spending time together.

However, Airi couldn't help but feel a considerable amount of wariness towards the bottle of alcohol he brought.

After all, according to the predetermined future without variables, an incident would occur after they would drink alcohol together.

"...Well, perhaps juice would be a better choice."

Indeed, under any circumstances, she shouldn't allow herself to lose her rationality to intoxication.

"Ah, yes. You want juice?"

"Yes, I'm not great with alcohol... If you hand me the bottle, I'll switch it out for juice."

"In that outfit?"

"Yes?"

Hyo-sung asked, sounding alarmed.

At his words, Airi looked down at herself, puzzled.

It was merely a comfortable sleeveless outfit for indoors; what could possibly be wrong with it?

"Oh, no, I'll go get it myself. I will."

Hyo-sung hastily left the area as if even glancing at her made him uncomfortable.

Afterward, Airi, left by herself, stared blankly at the spot he had looked at, then, abandoning her train of thought, slumped onto the bed.