Chapter 13: The Hero Lee Seo-yeon

Hero Lee Seo-yeon.

Being summoned to this world was considered a stroke of luck for her.

Despite devoting her life to studying, she never achieved her desired grades and realized in university, after barely passing the entrance exam, that she was not a genius but rather just average.

At home, she was told to at least catch a good man if she lacked abilities, leading her to feel rejected her whole life and spend her days in hardship.

But how about in this world?

'It's a success. Among all the heroes summoned so far, she is classified as the highest grade!'

'Celebrate the birth of a new hero!'

Yes, from the beginning, everyone adored her.

Unlike the other losers expelled from the royal palace, everyone provided her opportunities willingly.

Such reality soon turned into pride, and eventually into arrogance, making her believe she was the center of the world...

'I am the protagonist. I can do whatever I want.'

In the end, becoming the youngest professor at the Mage Tower, Lee Seo-yeon now viewed anything that bothered her as something that needed to be removed immediately.

Nobles and even her colleagues in the Mage Tower.

And one day, she incidentally discovered something unusual while checking the list of funds used by the Mage Tower.

'What's this? Why is so much money allocated to this person?'

A name even she, who had met many famous figures in this world, did not recognize.

Yet this person was receiving several times more investment than herself, and many scholars were participating in the experiments of the results.

It was so secretly managed that the fact it hadn't been revealed until now was surprising.

One might suspect something fishy from this, but Lee Seo-yeon herself had no interest in the person named Vivian or what her research was about.

One thing was important: that she received more funding than herself, who was the protagonist of this world.

"Hero Lee Seo-yeon. You are summoned by the Tower Master."

Believing she had successfully eliminated the research of such an annoying person through a criminal organization, Lee Seo-yeon, alone in her room, stood up with a sly smile upon hearing Pyeong Gyo-su's words as he came to find her.

"Right, finally, my era has arrived, hasn't it~?"

Now that the research of that unknown person had failed, she believed without a doubt that she would be the most noticed in the tower.

Blood River, within the empire, was a group that even the royal family dared not touch.

This meant that whatever they did, there were no repercussions, and the risk of them being caught was significantly low.

Although she had not yet received a final report from them, enough time had passed that they must have successfully sabotaged the mission.

"Tower Master. I came because you called me... Hmm?"

Confidently responding to the call with certainty, Lee Seo-yeon encountered a bizarre scene she had never seen before since arriving in this world.

Inside the meeting room, where the Mage Tower's highest authorities, the elders, and professors like herself gathered, the atmosphere today was far from the typical solemnity of the meeting room.