Chapter 5: The Last Descendant Of The Goddess Of Destruction

The Goddess of Destruction, Angolmois.

Perhaps no one who currently existed knew the exact details about her.

It was vaguely conveyed that long ago, she descended to this land to destroy the world, but for some reason, she stopped, bore a child with a human, and then left the world.

However, the Haven family was convinced that they carried the blood of such a being.

Those who inherited the family's blood were all born with the power to read 'the movements of the stars,' and through this power, they awakened the incredible ability to observe a moment in the future.

Yes, if they had that power, the Haven family could be free from any danger...

"Airi, our family will soon be destroyed."

For Airi, who had believed so firmly.

It was shocking to hear such words from the head of their family and her father.

"Destroyed? Why are you suddenly saying such a thing?"

"You will understand it when you read this record."

Saying so, Airi's father handed her an old book.

The author of that book was none other than 'Haven' himself, their ancestor.

[My descendants, I truly love you who have inherited the blood of my great mother, but the future written in this book may be impossible to alter, even with the power you were born with.]

[This is because the mother, called the Goddess of Destruction, left this land without fulfilling her mission, having foreseen a future where this world would eventually move towards destruction, even if she did not accomplish it herself.]

It was a letter, or perhaps a prophecy, sent to the descendants.

Even though it was a record left a very long time ago, its content could not be overlooked.

How could they ignore the contents of a record left in the distant past when their pride and everything—the power to read the future—came from her?

"...This world is going to be destroyed soon?"

"The ancestor's prophecy was written like this: On the day preceding the time of destruction, extraterrestrial beings will invade this land, the dead will rise and move again, beasts will stand on two feet and speak human words, and even the night when everyone should rest will not be safe."

Demons, undead, beasts, and vampires.

All the beings currently disturbing this world had been destined to appear on this land since thousands of years before the prophecy was written.

The chaos unfolded by them would eventually lead to the world's destruction, so the Goddess of Destruction, intent on realizing this land's demise, abandoned even her desire for this mission and left this place...

"The empire is currently gathering extraterrestrial beings to rectify such a world, but the power-seekers clinging to them are only pursuing immediate benefits, even corrupting the roots of civilization that humanity has built."

Even humanity, which should be the last hope, was focused only on selfish desires without reading the future, so how could hope be found in this world?

As it was also written in the prophecy, no one in the family, including Airi's father, denied the prophecy.

Even the future written at the end of the prophecy, stating that 'the family inheriting the blood of the Goddess of Destruction will disappear from this world.'