Chapter 1: Heroes And Elders

"Hey, Porter! Aren't you coming quickly!?"

"Ah, yes. I'm sorry."

For some unknown reason, it had been about 2 years since I was reincarnated into another world.

As a porter, performing the role of the party's inventory, I gripped the straps of the luggage bag tighter and apologized to the irate woman who was walking ahead, shouting.

"Don't just say sorry, hurry up! Can't you see that we're delaying our dungeon raid because of you!?"

"Ah, yes. I am sorry, my legs are a bit slow."

Although it was annoying to deal with her tantrums without carrying any load myself, this was something I had to endure as it was difficult to make a living without doing even this.

Having initially dealt with nasty customers, it was part of the hardships of being in the service industry, so it was within the realm of understanding that someone like me, just a lowly porter, would be treated this way.

Still, if there was one thing I regretted, perhaps it was that I wished she would call me by my proper name?

"But, um, party leader? I have a name, and it's Woo Hyo-sung."

My father's surname was Woo, and my given name was made up of Hyo, meaning to resonate, and Sung , meaning sound.

It meant to always uphold your convictions and speak out.

After coming to this world, my confidence had dropped, and I had become more passive, but still, if possible, I wanted to live proudly and have my voice heard by others.

"Huh, so?"

But my actual employer, the mage, just shot me a look of displeasure.

"Do you think I have an obligation to remember the name of an insignificant maggot like you?"

"No, there's no obligation, but since we're traveling together, at least the name..."

"Shut your mouth and follow. If you don't do it right, I'll speak to the labor union and have your score marked, so just know that!"

The mage muttered and continued deeper into the dungeon.

Generally, a mage would serve as a rear guard and not lead, but she was different; she was a being recognized by the world, unlike a porter like me.

It was like comparing an ant to an elephant.

Even if one only relied on the advantage of being physically bigger, it meant that they were in a position to act haughty among the ants.

"Tsk, tsk, this party's hero seems to have a rather prickly personality."

"Our kind doesn't know, but it seems like you, the porter, are from the same school."

What was somewhat of a relief was that, unlike that woman, who was a hero, the inhabitants of this world weren't always so sharp and hostile toward me.

In fact, since they were also ignored by that woman, what I felt towards them was probably closer to a sense of camaraderie.

"Haha, what can we do? As a foreign laborer, even serving the hero is an honor."

"Hehe, to endure that much even when she doesn't remember your name. You'd probably treat your wife very well later on."

"Well, from what I see, it looks like you're the one who's going to be caught."

While following behind the mage, the middle-aged vanguard and the archer exchanged jokes with a sneer.