Chapter 65: Woohyoooooooooooo.....

Undead.

Bizarre entities created when corpses were resurrected by the strange residual powers of this world.

Eeoooooo.

Uooaaaaa.

The reason why a follower of the Corpse Lord leading these monsters had entered this place was unknown, but what mattered not was their intent, but rather, how to escape from this situation.

Fortunately, it seemed that the summoner wasn't present, but even without their command, the undead were beings deeply engrossed in consuming the living, faithful to their instincts.

What would follow was a chaotic battle, with dozens of undead converging on me, wanting to consume me alone.

Woooooo.

Was it possible?

Could I, with only the weapon in my hand, defeat this many undead?

Hyooooooo...

No, I didn't need to defeat them all, just enough to open a path to escape.

As I tensely aimed my spear at the undead from the wall, I suddenly realized they had stopped in their tracks and were staring at me.

Staring at me with hollow eyes, their mouths agape...

Wooooo, Hyooooo...

With my spear raised in alert, they began to tilt their heads, still looking at me, and started to emit a dull voice.

With hideous mouths smeared in blood from devouring several people...

Woooooo, Hyooooo...?

It was clearly a distinct word, not just a groan uttered by a corpse.

Woo Hyo, Woo Hyooooo...

Eooooo, Woo Hyoooo....

What's with these creatures?

Why were they suddenly calling my name?

Woo Hyoooooooo....?

Oo, Woo Hyooooooooo...

For a moment, I thought I was mistaken, but listening again, they were definitely uttering my name.

For some reason, they only said "Woo" and omitted the surname, but that might be due to their tongues and jaw joints not being normal.

Yes, since they were creatures that only thought of eating upon encountering a person, it wasn't normal for them to just stand there and say something.

So, they must indeed be saying my name...

Woo Hyoooooo!!!

Woo Hyoooooooooh~~!!!

But wasn't it a bit strange after all?

Even if the undead were the type to swarm and shout, why were they suddenly gathering and calling my name?

Whoooong.

And what about you, Ego Weapon?

If you think this situation is dangerous, you could just jump out like before, but why are you harmonizing with them at this time?

Woo Hyooo~ Woo Hyooo~

Whooong.

But no matter how much time passed, an atmosphere of hostility between us didn't form.

Seeing even the Ego Weapon just quietly moaning, I started to feel foolish for having been tense against them before.

I didn't know the reason, but at least judging from the current atmosphere, it didn't seem like these creatures were going to attack me.