Chapter 56: Letter From The Past

A savior must prioritize the greater good over personal desires.

Thus, even after last night, there might come a day when she has to suppress her feelings.

Even if she couldn't forget him forever, it was possible that these feelings were meant to be resolved someday.

My child, before I write what I want to say, let me first tell you the story of my birth.

The moment she delved into the prophecy of her ancestor.

A faint hope began to stir in the heart of the fortune teller who was preparing to resign to fate.

As you know, my birth was the result of a union between my human father and my mother, a diving being, who came to bring destruction to this land.

Why she, who came from beyond, chose to unite with my father... I, too, do not know the true intentions of my mother.

Even though I was born with the blood of a god, my life was no different from that of a human, just like my father.

Therefore, my understanding of my mother is limited to conjecture, as it does not escape human standards.

Indeed, the records left by him have been preserved from ancient times to the present, but they mostly pertain to prophecies.

Among them, there was no mention of why the Goddess of Destruction united with a human or why she ascended to the heavens, rejecting her mission.

It wasn't because the records were damaged, but because they were deliberately not written.

Even as a fortune teller with divine power, being only human, she dares not presume to understand the mind of a god.

Yet, as the last descendant, you might be struggling under the weight of your mission.

Worrying every moment about how to lead the future, I, who prophesied the destruction that triggered it, must bear responsibility for it.

So, my child, through this letter, I'll write down even the guesses I made while observing my mother.

My thoughts on why my mother descended to this land, bonded with a human, and ascended to the heavens without fulfilling her mission with her own hands.

"......"

There was growing tension in the silence.

Her future self, likely experiencing similar emotions, began turning the pages of the deciphered letter.

Although my mother left this world when I was very young, leaving behind scant memories, as I grew older and awakened my powers, I found I could look not only into the future but also into my past.

One thing that stood out when reflecting on the past was what my mother said at my birth.

Yes, at that time, the Goddess of Destruction looked down at the life she had created within her and said,

'My child, inheritor of my blood. Teach me the extent of the mission bestowed upon me... the level of destruction I should bring upon this land.'

"...The level of destruction?"

A level of destruction?

Didn't destruction imply the cessation of everything?

As a Goddess of Destruction, she was expected to obliterate everything in sight.

Everyone believed she ascended to the heavens, convinced there was no need for her to wreak havoc, as the age of destruction would eventually engulf this world thousands of years later.