Chapter 76: Can You Handle What I Just Said?

Even the loyalty thought to be eternal found its end, and the days of glory were left in the past as she wished to depart from his side.

The lingering attachment born from not being able to forget the intensity of that day led her to this place, freeing her from the shackles that had always tormented her.

Because she had lived in the void for an unimaginable, eons-long time that humans dare not even dream of.

The passion of just one day, formed by chance, felt dazzling.

"...Merilyn."

"Just like this."

Thus, it was something I couldn't easily shake off.

Even though she thought she was used to enduring and waiting for a long time, anticipating that someone else would fill his place...

Because she had endured for a long time, the desire to act on her urges had been building more and more.

"There's no way I can send you back. For you..."

"Merilyn, I..."

"I left everything to be with you. My status, loyalty, even my past, everything."

"......"

"...I know you tried to forget me for my sake."

He also took the brief encounter of just a day or two seriously, which she could keenly feel through the time they spent together today.

That he had felt the emptiness of her absence and sought a new companion as well.

"But just once..."

So, she didn't want to let it end like this.

If he still had lingering feelings for her, she didn't want to give up more.

Even if she wasn't the first, she wanted to be closer rather than just watching from afar.

"Even if it's the last time, could you please do as I wish?"

"Merilyn."

"If I can be slightly fulfilled... then, maybe I could give up."

Reluctantly, her grip tightened as she became desperate.

The man, facing this desperation, relaxed his body and closed his eyes after a moment of conflict.

Maintaining silence without any response was a sign of compliance with the situation.

Even if he chose not to act on his own will, it was a resolution to calmly accept whatever she would do.

"...Thank you for indulging my insistence."

He had a steadfast nature in maintaining his heart. Yet his mind was considerate enough not to push her away.

She came to like him for these qualities.

The beating of her heart at this moment surely stemmed from a feeling that could be called love.

No matter how impossible such feelings were said to be for a demon, the fact that her heart raced just by facing him couldn't be expressed as anything other than love.

"Thank you, truly."

So, she felt no hesitation in placing her hand on his lips.

After stroking his lips, she did not hesitate to press her own lips against his.

'It's warm.'

Her first kiss in life.

This first was felt more intensely than when she first became aware of her desires.