Chapter 23: Drawn By Tranquility, Feeling Destiny

Yes, what entered her eyes at that moment must have been a future soon to unfold.

The foreseen future only changes when the whims of a transcendent being occur as a variable or when the observer of the future intervenes to change it...

"Certainly, my coming to this empire was for the revival of my clan, but... could it be because that person is Mr. Woo Hyo-sung?"

If she only considered the purpose of finding a companion, then the scene she was witnessing now fits exactly.

Moreover, even though it was insignificant now, he had already been involved with one transcendent being and had met her twice.

Even that alone made it undeniable that he was born with an extraordinary fate.

"No, no. Since the future can change, there's no need to make this a reality. After all, it's something that should be decided carefully... Wait, if I need to think and decide carefully, does that mean I shouldn't rashly attempt to change the future?"

Confusion grew stronger, leading to a moment of dizziness.

But even amidst that, her gaze remained fixed on the crystal ball.

It was a scene hard to accept, yet if she did not take significant action, it was what would happen in the not-so-distant future.

-Hehe~ Do you like doing it this way?

"I-I'm doing such shameless acts..."

-Ah, ahh I like it there~ Please, touch me harder~♡

Airi, covering her eyes with her hands yet peeking through the gaps, trembled.

Despite her embarrassment, she couldn't look away, and this continued for a while on the empty street after he had left.

-Murmur.

As soon as I entered the adventurers' guild, I was engulfed by the bustling crowd.

True to a dark fantasy world rife with incidents and accidents, the building that was managing adventurers was swarming with those seeking overflowing quests.

Naturally, with many engaging in dangerous tasks, it wasn't unusual to see clashes and fights among those visiting here...

"Uh? Wait a second."

But even the adventurers, who had previously emanated a murderous aura, calmed the overheated atmosphere as soon as I stepped into the entrance.

The tumult quickly subsided, turning eerie.

The ripple that started at the entrance spread throughout the entire guild in just a few seconds.

"Hey, is that the guy who just passed by?"

"It seems I'm not the only one who noticed."

"His face looks familiar. Has such an adventurer been in this guild?"

Curiosity and suspicion emanated from the sporadic glances directed at me.

I didn't react; I just steadily closed the distance to the reception desk on the opposite side of the entrance.

Despite the current atmosphere's impact, completing the adventurer's registration process was crucial.

"Yes, then I will make the final confirmation."

Amid everyone's focused attention, the clerk scanning the document spoke to me,

"Woo Hyo-sung, an otherworlder, has requested to temporarily transfer from the Labor Union to the Adventurers' Guild as of today. All procedures for this have been completed at the respective branch, and if there is no reversal of this decision within a month, the identity records in the empire will also be changed to the Adventurers' Guild..."