My Precious Possession

Rishabh's POV:

After baking the piece of our love -cake, we happily celebrated our evening snuggling close to each other watching the handmade album Pari made with our pictures from our wedding day, reminiscing the beautiful moment of our life.
I'm truly blessed to have the bestest person seating next to me, who I now call mine.

As much as I love Pari's wide teeth showing smiles I miss her shy ones from our beginning days. But I know how to get those expressions back.

As Pari was engrossed tossing the pages from our album I stretched towards her, gently sucking her neck. Her eyes widened, lips pressed hiding the pleasure she felt and there it was, her shy smile. "Rishabh!?" She questioned in amusement.

"Sorry the cake wasn't sweet enough so I had to taste this one." Saying I winked and she slapped my arm trying to hide her blushed cheeks.

Pari's phone call rang and sheepishly untangled from me leaving the room. Huh? Well okay I guess.

---
Pari came back almost half hour later with a bag in her hands.

"Can you get up?"
Confused, I got up from the bed.

"Here, go get ready." And this time Pari winked, making me skip a beat. She licked her lips at her own act and mine parted in amusement.

"What is this?" I asked taking the bag from her hands.

"I will be out get ready fast!"

"Wait- what. We are leaving now?" We had planned a dinner for tonight but it was just 7 yet.

"Yep we are leaving. So get ready, fast." Saying she left.

I unwarpped the bag, it was a maroon shirt with a handwritten letter filled with lipstick marks "To the man who made me beleive in love at first slight, I'm glad to celebrate our first year of togetherness. Happy Anniversary, Love."

I kissed those lipstick stains and began to get ready.

Before leaving the room I took a good look at myself, fixed my hair and attire. Then took the gift box I had brought for Pari and put it in my jacket.

---

As I went out of our room I got the flowers I had kept in the fridge. Pari was already standing outside Vedika's room, wearing a cream-maroon chudidar. Her hair were parted open rolled on either sides, with red sindoor between. She wore beautiful marron earrings with mirror work on them just like her dress. Her lips were the same shade as the one she left on the letter she gave to me. Her hand were filled with matching bangles and her eyes looked magical with the golden glitter on them. She looked mesmerizing!

"I know I know Bhabhi bahut hi sundar lag rahi hai lekin bhaiya jara muh toh band karo." That annoying little brat uttered from behind.

Pari blushed and it was enough to get my attention back at her. My beautiful woman.

When Vedika went back to her room, i brought my hand forward, bringing the flowers to their possessor.

Paridhi's eyes shined like the glitter on her lids. "For me?" She asked and i tilted my head shrugging the obvious.

"To the beautiful lady that makes me wonder how I got this lucky." Her smiled widened as she took the flowers.

Taking a black pen from the table I applied it on my finger and put it on the back of Pari's ear without her knowledge, Keep her away from all the evil, I prayed.

---

As we walked towards the elevator Pari seemed to be nervous but she brushed it off flashing a pretty smile at me. When I stretched my hand to click the ground floor button, Pari extended hers and clicked at the last one.

I looked at her in question but she smiled at me again "Just wait a few minutes don't ask anything right now". Dammit the power this woman's smile has on me!

---

With a mysterious twinkle in her eye, she took my hand once more and led me to the terrace. And there, under the twinkling stars, was a sight that took my breath away.

A small tent adorned with fairy lights and colorful balloons stood proudly in the center of the terrace, casting a warm glow against the night sky. "Paridhi, what... how did you..." I stammered, at a loss for words.

She grinned, her eyes dancing with excitement.

As we stepped into the cozy tent, Paridhi wrapped her arms around me, her warmth seeping into my soul. "Happy anniversary, Rishabh," she whispered, her lips brushing against mine. "Here's to many more years of love, laughter, and unforgettable memories together." Saying she handed me the wrapped box.

Excited i unwrapped it. It was a 3d frame of our picture from honeymoon, one of my favourite picture of ours. Tapping on the button Pari made its light glow. "This.. it's beautiful." I managed to say with emotions filled up to my throat.

Taking the box from my jacket I handed it to Pari. "Rishabh?" She gasped.  As she opened the box of mangalsutra, her lips parted "Rishabh this.. it's too expensive.. why would you get.."
"Shussh."
"You know what the most precious and expensive possession of mine?" She looked at me in confusion " it's you." I admitted. "And it's not that expensive, don't worry I had enough to buy it for you."

Getting the mangalsutra in my hand I motioned it towards her "May i?" She nodded a yes and i tied it around her neck placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

And as we lay side by side, gazing up at the starry sky above, I knew that there was nowhere else in the world I'd rather be than right here, in this moment, with the woman of my dreams.

_________________________________________

Don't forget to VOTE ✨