Pre Birthday

Double Update! ... Cuz why not 😁
_________________________________________

Paridhi's POV:

My eyes are widened and my mouth is a full O that im not able to shut. 

As soon as I opened the door I see the room was dark like night with only candles lit at every corner and rose petals splattered on the ground with the balloons on the ceiling, Rishabh and my pictures handing on the string. A soothing piano tune was playing in the background. There was a wrapped box on the bed and a pink rose next to it, with a envelope. 

My mind is not able to process any of this, It wasn't my birthday yet and we were here to meet his friend, did Rishabh get my birth date wrong? this can't be a pre birthday surprise or was it?

I couldn't help my grin from widening. I've never had a birthday celebration before this. I spent all my birthday's with my family, we use to cut the cake and go out for dinner that's it, it was nothing special just a way of spending quality time and I enjoyed it thoroughly. But this.... this is pure dream.

As I walk towards the bed I take the envelope in hand taking out the handmade card inside it. A vintage dry paper that I'm sure is made up of coffee water.

Dear Pari,

You see this room full of lights and fragrance? This is the representation of my life after your arrival. Might sound cheesy but I have to admit this, you make me complete. Something I never felt the need of. My mornings I pull my hand over you and just the feeling that you're next to me is enough for me to start my day. My shitty work days no longer feel hard to deal when I get a sweet message from you in the middle of the day. Now I eagerly want to come back home just to hold you in my arms. At times I want to take you away from everyone that surrounds you and doesn't let me be around. I never thought I would ever feel jealous for someone, crave for someone so bad. 

I still remember the day I first saw you or rather bumped into you. Your glitter eyes did some magic to me that I won't ever be able to make you understand. From the moment our paths intertwined, you became the beacon of light that guided me through life's darkest storms. Your unwavering support, your tender touch, and your boundless affection have been my solace in times of sorrow and my joy in moments of triumph. Your presence is a melody that soothes my soul, a symphony of love that resonates within the depths of my being.

You bring out me from myself, something that I think I wasn't even capable of. You inspire me, motivate me, you make me feel loved and belonged. Thank you for spreading your arms and embracing my good and bad qualities. Thank you for letting me love you. Thank you for marrying me and thank you! Thank you for coming into my life. I love you. 

So here's to you, my love, on this special day. May your heart be filled with the same boundless joy and happiness that you bring into my life every single day. Happy Birthday, my sweet Paridhi.

Yours only,

Rishabh

As I reach the end of the letter, I find myself enveloped in a whirlwind of emotions. Gratitude washes over me like a soothing balm, knowing that I am cherished and loved so deeply by the man who holds my heart.

With trembling hands, I traced the curves of each letter, allowing myself to be swept away by the tide of emotions crashing over me. 

Wait. Rishabh planned this for me. It must have been my surprise. All these days when he was busy on phone this is what he was up to. Shit I'm not supposed to be here.

As I put the card back to it's place, wiping my tears away I hear someone clutching the door knob. 

Damn it must be Rishabh.