Caught in a moment

Paridhi's POV:

"And that's me" Vedika said with excitement as we looked at Rishabh's and hers childhood pictures. Just then I saw Rishabh's cute picture, all naked soaked in mud with a cranky face and sneakingly took that picture with me. "How cute and who's that?" I asked her pointing at an teenage picture of Rishabh and a girl next to him.

"Ohh that, she's Bhai's childhood bestie. Naina". Naina? I met almost all friends of Rishabh even before marriage but I never heard of her "I didn't see her during our wedding thou?" I asked Vedika curiously
"Yeah maybe because she's in Dubai now. You know what they used to hangout so much together we even thought bhai had a crush on her or something. Mum and dad were all set to get her married to bhai but guess what now you're his wife" she laughed saying that, but curiousity and jelously kicked in at the thought of Rishabh having feelings for that girl. Stop it girl! You're married to him now, how can you get insecure about his childhood crush?

----

"Look what I found" I teasingly shoved baby Rishabh's picture on his face.

"Oh god, no, please give it to me. Shit where did you get this" he tried to snatch the picture from my hands in embarrassment.

He ran around the room chasing me, and climbed on the bed to save myself but I lost my balance and we both fell on the bed. My body was over his, Rishabh's hand were on  my waist, our faces so close to each other that a slightest action will get our lips locked together. I tried to move from his side, but he's eyes were fixated at mine as he tightened one of his hand around my waist, possessively. "Ab kaha jaogi?" He asked with a smirk, snatching the photo with other. Damn I was caught in his territory. But I won't give up either. I leaned a little closer, touching our foreheads looking straight in his eyes. His eyes wavered with nervousness and temptation, he closed his eyes bringing his lips forward, I so wanted to put mine on those but right now playing hard was all on my mind. His hold loosen as he moved his body forward, i took the chance of his innocence and got up in fraction of second. Disappointment took over his face and I could see his obvious frown, I just wanted to cup his face in my hands and give him a small peck on those lips but i hesitated to make any move.
"Umm, uh, I'll go get fresh" he said and left.

---

I felt bad for ruining our moment last night but I wasn't completely prepared to get intimate with Rishabh, so I'm going to prepare the whole meal today.

"So, how's the preparations going? Do you need any help beta?" Gayatri maa asked

"Nahi maa, everything's almost done." I said with a smile.

---

"Aaj Sara khana meri pyaari Bahu ne banaya hai" Gayatri maa said proudly

"Arey wahh, bhabhi itna sab apne akele kiya"
"Kuch sikh apni bhabhi se. Pata nahi tu kab khana banana sikhegi "
"Ek din maa, ek din, pakka!
Vedika and Gayatri maa quarrelled.

I served everyone and sat besides Rishabh, I waited for his reaction during and after dinner but he did nothing. Everyone praised my cooking, Shashikant Papa and Gayatri maa also gave me shagun but the person I made all these efforts for didn't even looked at me.

---

"Paridhi" Rishabh called out my name as we entered our room
"Haan?"
He took my hands in his and brought them near his face, he then glanced at me and said "dinner was really tasty" Rishabh kissed the back of my hands and continued "thank you". I could see the sincerity and admiration in his eyes, the one that I waited to see all this while.
"You liked it?"
"Offcourse I did"
"But you didn't say anything outside"
"Sorry, I was just to hungry over your tasty food" I chuckled at his excuse.
"How about an icecream?"
"Huh?" I questioned in confusion
"Maa Papa gave you money as appreciation so now it's my turn, you like icecream the most, so umm, how about we take a short drive and get some icecreams?" Icecream is my weak point how could I say no?
"Umm okay, if you say so"

---

"Just so you know, I'm going to have 2 icecreams" I said seating inside the car.

"Well, Just so you know.. I'm going to give you.... Anything and everything you want" Rishbah said staring as the wheel and taking a small glance at me.

Just when I was going to drag the seat belt down, a warm touch stopped me "let me do it" he wispered. His desire ful eyes sent a chill down to my core, I knew he intentionally came close, and I totally loved it. He knew what effect he had on me, it was clear on his face. And I completely wanted that effect on me. Maybe it is the right moment? I closed my eyes in approval, bringing my face forward and within a moment I lost the warm touch and see Rishabh back to his seat. Ugh. Karma, I see.

We stood underneath the sky, with icecreams in our hands, he bought a Rajbhog and I got myself strawberry, my favourite. I wish there were stars around us and I would point them saying how beautiful they look and then Rishabh would look at me and say, they really do. But we stay in metropolitan area where all we get to see polluted dark sky.

"Wanna try?" Rishabh asked
"Sure" I licked it slightly, thou I'm an icecream lover, I could never bite it ever.
"Ummm, it's tasty!!" I exclaimed
"Wait, you got some here" Rishabh brought his hand forward and wipped the corner of my lips, there was some icecream on his thumb and he licked it off looking at me "sure, it's tasty" and smirked. Wait!! Whatt? This wasn't about icecream right? Am I being delulu? Was he talking about me? Shit. That one move rose thousands of butterflies in my core and a sensation in my abdomen that I can't even describe. I couldn't control my blush and just widened my eyes in disbelief.

I went to put the tissue papers in dustbin and Rishbah went to make the payment, the moment I turned around his side I lost my balance, but thankfully I didn't met the ground because of the heavy arm wrapped around me, it was Rishabh. Was destiny trying to bring us closer and closer? Was this a hint? Gosh. Stop being obsess about your husband's lips. A mocking voice came from my head.

---

I needed to get all this impulsive thoughts out from my head, I wanted to just get changed and sleep without Rishabh distracting me. Just when I was getting my clothes from cupboard, Rishabh arrived from back "uh, I just wanted my laptop charger" shit shit. He husky voice tingled my ear and my body almost freezed, I managed to turn around but saw Rishabh so close to me, his eyes fixated at... At my lips. He tried to look away but he couldn't, just like me. Something was pulling me towards him, it was... It was his hand. He swept his left hand around my waist, my heartbeats raising at a fast speed and maybe his too. I closed my eyes in fear and approval, I'm ready for it but I'm sacred too. Our foreheads touched and heard Rishabh saying "I want to kiss you so badly right now" a sigh left his mouth "I'm sorry" and took a step back. What? No! I craved for his touch, I lost that sensation, I wanted those lips... On mine, but now they are far away. I pulled the towel on his neck from both my hands and said slowly "do it, please" I don't even know if he heard them, just then he cupped my face "you don't have to do it if you don't want to. I- I just said because- I don't know. But we can wait, you-" I couldn't wait till he finished, so I opened my eyes looking straight at his, glancing down to his lips and biting my lower one "Rishbah, just shut up and kiss me, please" I was embarrassed to say it, but I wanted him to know he had my approval. He left a huge sigh before and crushed his lips on mine.