Something feels off

Rishabh's POV:

Paridhi threw her hands over me as soon as I entered our room and I jerked them off "Not now Pari." 

Disappointment flashed on her face and she looked like an abandoned puppy "You promised you'd be home early, Rishabh. I've been waiting for hours."

Tired with all the work load I replied with a sigh "Work got more demanding than I expected. I couldn't leave on time." I couldn't bring myself to tell the truth.

"This is the third time this week Rishabh!" Paridhi's blaming tone was too much to handle after the heavy day I already had.

"Pari, please let's not do this right now. Im really tired." I didn't wanted to sound harsh but it came out very abruptly.

My mind was occupied with thoughts with on How am I supposed to reveal it that I lost my job?

"Ofcourse you're the only one working, I don't do anything right? I don't get up early to pack our tiffins and stay up late at night to complete my work but even then you're the one who's tired, great." Dammit. Paridhi makes it sound like I've been doing nothing for us.

"Paridhi! There's no need for this comparison. As for our duties, I do help you with the house work it's not that I don't pay attention to us or our house but past few weeks have already been hectic and I'm not able to keep up with both work and home at the same time." I confessed angrily and Paridhi's eyes softened at my admission.

"We both need some peaceful sleep." She admitted, still mad at me.

"We do." I agreed. I need to calm down, I need to figure something out as soon as possible. I can't freaking loose a job at this point.

---

After freshing up I sat at edge of the bed, assuming Pari was asleep, I stoked her hair gently, regretting my harshness. Whatever my situation I shouldn't have been harsh towards Pari. The very first person that flashed my mind when I was going through all this crap was Pari. I just wanted her to be there by my side but when she did I was the one who jerked her off, what's wrong with me!? As I stroked her gently she softly said "I didn't mean to be harsh, I just wanted us to spend some time with you like we always did but past few weeks you've been distant and then I messed up in kitchen this morning and had a bad day at work, every one just thinks I'm not doing my work properly and I wanted to hug you but you didn't pick me up this evening and came home late without informing I was very pissed. The whole day was shitty and I just wanted you.." Pari turned to face me "I'm sorry, really sorry I didn't consider your tiredness." Her eyes moistured and her lips trembling.

I leaned to kiss her forehead, and made her sleep in my lap. "I'm sorry too Pari. I am not in the right mind right now. I wasn't being distant purposely, I've been occupied with work load I didn't realise it was affecting us." I cupped her face before saying " and listen, I don't care what others say, my Pari is best at whatever she does, so don't let others  demean my angel's power." I hugged her tightly letting all my tiredness disappear in her embrace and taking all her doubts away from her.

Our jobs can wait and the responsibilities can be dealt later. Right now in this moment I just need one thing and that's Pari. Her relaxed breath in the crook of my neck is enough to take away all my stress. Knowing that this woman is by my side is enough to fight with any situation I get into.

Paridhi's POV:

Something feels off. Rishabh isn't behaving like his usual self from several days and it's bothering me too. Last night I had a meltdown and I spoke my heart out but I've have a feeling that Rishabh is holding back from speaking his heart out. Maybe we are more than occupied with our work lives that we are not able to communicate with eachother.

As I came out after having a bath I saw Rishabh still in the bed not ready for the office yet. "Rishabh?" He looked up from his phone and hummed "Pati dev agar aap bhul Gaye hai toh me bata du Aaj Sunday nahi hai, go get ready.. or you'll get late!" I said walking towards him, near the bed. He hummed again pulling me towards him, hugging my waist. I brushed his hair with my fingers knowing that something off with him but he won't speak up.

Cupping his face from both me hands i leaned down placing a soft kiss on his forehead. Universe please don't stress my baby, I wished. "I'm not going to office today." He stated. "Why? Are you feeling sick? Rishabh tell me what's wrong?" I asked caressing his head. Hugging me again he replied "Nahi, I'm fine. Bass Aaj mann nahi hai yaar. I don't want go anywhere today."

"Then let me take a off too. Incase you don't mind my company." I said teasingly to light up the mood "Let's just go out for a brunch and then snuggle into each other and take a nap for the whole day, I don't want to go at work either." Right now the only thing I care about his my sweet husband who's upset for some reason. Work can wait, people from office can handle their stuff without us being present there but i won't be able to function with the thought that Rishabh is not happy.

"Are you serious? Aren't you working on a project which has a deadline soon?" He asked reminding me my current project.

"Yaa, but.. can't i also just get a break. I'll brief my juniors on call and just rest for a day. It won't matter much, well maybe my boss would mind that, but you know what, the hell with him! I want to spend time with my dear husband, so others can just figure themselves out I'm not going to work today, that's it!" He smiled genuinely after a such a long time, I missed his twinkling eyes. I'll make sure that today all his does is smile and feel better.

I pecked him on his lips and turned around to change but Rishabh held me back and stood sucking my lips with he's. This is what we both wanted, each other and some peace.

My phone started ringing but I couldn't resist Rishabh's lips. But when it ranged for the third time He groaned in frustration and i chuckled picking up the call.

"Yes Netra?"
When my lips were busy talking he started working on my neck making me loose all the concentration I had on briefing my colleague.
"Netra! Netra.. I'll call you back in some time my stomach is really paining alot please inform sir about this. Bye!" I cut the call in urgency and narrowed my eyes at the guilty. He gave me a knowing grin and I felt I had my Rishabh being himself again in that moment.