New Friend?

Paridhi's POV:

I didn't bring Vandana's topic for the last 3 days, though I won't deny I'm slightly.....very, very slightly insecure and jealous about her arrival, but I won't show that to Rishabh, he was just enjoying my reaction way too much.

"Pari" "Paridhi!" Rishabh called out my name

"Kaha khoe ho? Your office is here"

"Nahi bass aaise hi.. let's meet in the evening" I grabbed my phone and bad "byee" saying I moved to unlock the car's door, just when Rishabh held my hand. I turned around to look at him and he made a frown.

"What?" I asked

"What, what?" He said annoyingly and tapped his cheeks. 27 year old baby! I pecked on his cheeks and his eyes lit up with amusement.

---

"Oh my god it's been so long..." Vandana said giving Rishabh a brief hug "You must be Paridhi, congratulations on your wedding both of you" she gave me a side hug too. Hmm, friendly.

I was really pissed when Rishabh called me up during the office saying "listen we have to pick Vandana home in the evening" but considering she's being sweet I don't dislike her.

I went to sit at the back of the car just when Vandana stopped me "Arey, Paridhi why are sitting peeche, go go sit next to your pati dev" saying she giggled.

Vandana sat at the back and kept talking to Rishabh

"Rishabh? You remember Kaustubh.. Jaya aunty's son..."

"Haan yes, what about him?

"He's also getting married yaar"

"Tu kiska wait kar rahi hai phir tu bhi karle"

"Yaar, ab toh mereko bhi yahi lagta hai kar leni chahiye"

"You know what Paridhi...."

The whole ride back home was full of gossip about the people I didn't even know, but Vandana did manage to keep me engaged and in the conversation. She wasn't bad for sure.

---

Vandana's arrival turned out to be a pleasant girls night out vibe. Both me and Vedika enjoyed talking about books, household, some girly topics and even gossiped about Rishabh.

But for some reason Rishabh has been grumpy all the evening, he was pretty fine while driving but ever since we got back home he looked like an angry puppy.

I tip-toed and headed back to our room thinking Rishabh would be sleeping, because it was past 12 now. But it looks like that's not the case, Rishabh gave me a look, taking his head out from the phone and turned around on the other side to sleep. Huh? Looks like someone wanted to make me feel jealous but it's not working. Paridhi 1. Rishabh 0. I smirked in my mind.