Jealousy

As Rishabh promised, we wore matching outfits! I wore my sky blue saree and he wore his navy blue kurta. We also added Vedika in our team, who wore a blue lehenga.

After our wedding this was the first event we attended. I was still nervous, living with maa and papa has been good enough, they are both supportive and extremely helpful. But attending events at other relatives still terrifies me. 

Rishabh knows I get uncomfortable in new surroundings, not that all these people are new, but still not much know. So he kept on checking me every other moment. He glanced and brushed past and also sent flirty texts.

Hahahha
The aunties in the room echoed in unison "Ab toh Paridhi aur Rishabh ki bari hai"

"Kyu beta Paridhi?" One of the aunts asked me

"Kis bareme baat hori hai masi?"

"Tum dono ke bacche ki! Kab socha hai phir huh?" And they giggled among themselves again

Pretty awkward for me, I had no  idea how to respond to them. I know married couples are always reminded of getting children but common it's still weird!

"Abhi toh hum hi bache hai masi!" Rishabh said sliding his hand over my shoulder and then winked at me.

My rescuer for real!

----

Next morning.

I was packing our lunch boxes while I heard maa talk on her phone.
"Haan Haan beta, apna ghar hai why will you stay in hotel" she was talking to someone on call since a long time, and it seems like someone coming to our house

"Arey beta, you remember Vandana? the one we were talking about your marriage... Abhilasha aunty's daughter"
She said to Rishabh unaware of the fact that I was standing behind them. Talking about marriage? Seriously? Ah well, I also happened to meet 7 other men before I said yes to Rishbah, but I couldn't hold back my jealousy!

"Oh ha, how's she? I haven't seen her in a long while" Rishabh asked with amusement. Seriously? He's getting excited to meet her?

"She's good. She's coming here in Mumbai for a seminar, toh Abhilasha was worried where she'll stay and all"

"Arey maa toh usme chinta kaisi? Tell her humara ghar hai yaha reh legi" Ya right, bring your ex to be fiance home when you already have your wife! Superb.

"Haa mene wahi kaha usse, so now Vandana is going to stay here for 3 days till her Seminar " What the hell! 3days! I don't even know that lady and here I'm already hating her. Well maybe not exactly hating her, but the idea of having her here, at my house!

----

"So Vandana huh?" I asked him as we both came back to our room. Rishabh was still working on his laptop.

"Hmm" that's all he replied.

"What? So you aren't even going to explain anything to me?" He looked at me in confusion

"About what Paridhi?"

"About her?"

"Who?"

"VANDANA!"

"Oh"

"Oh?"

"Umm so what do you want to know?" He looked up at me once and then went back typing again.

"What is or was between you too?"

"Kya?" He chuckled still engrossed in his fucking laptop

"I heard you and maa! She said 'the one you were taking for marriage'"

"Hmm right"

"Hmm right? Bass?"

"You're not going to explain me anything?"

"There's nothing to explain baba"

"You literally were excited hearing about her! 'Arey maa toh yahi bula lo' you said!"

He looked even amused now. Was he enjoying this?