Partners

Paridhi's POV:

I stood beside Rishabh, my heart pounding as we entered the dimly lit police station. I could feel the tension radiating from Rishabh, his jaw clenched, and his eyes ablaze with anger.

As they approached the front desk, Rishabh's voice was sharp with irritation. "Where are they? We're here to bail out my sister."
"It's two of them." I quickly added reminding them of Raj.

The officer behind the desk eyed them with a mix of suspicion and annoyance. "Names?"

"Vedika Kulkarni." Rishabh said and looked at me. He didn't even know who Vedika was with, shit. "Raj Umm.. Raj Shah." I supplied, my voice unsteady because of the knot in my stomach.

"They're in holding. But you'll have to wait for the sergeant to process their release." The officer replied.

Rishabh let out a frustrated sigh, running a hand through his hair. "This is ridiculous. I can't believe you let her get into this Paridhi."

I felt a pang of guilt, how will Rishabh react if he gets to know Raj is Vedika's boyfriend.

As Vedika saw us, her face radiated with tension looking at Rishabh. He was in his no nonsense mood and there's no way me and Vedika are getting away with it.

I plastered a smile to Vedika and Raj, trying to ease the tension.

After a tense exchange of paperwork and payment, we were finally free to leave the police station. Rishabh remained silent as we walked out into the cool night air, his anger still simmering beneath the surface.

Maa had called twice and i had no idea what to tell her. I'm sure they must've reached home by now. Dammit.

When I didn't pick up the call, Rishabh's phone flashed with her call.

"Haa maa. Ha mere sath hi hai." He said looking at me. "Hum..woh thoda drive pe aaye the. Socha Vedika ko bhi sath me le aayenge.  Thoda time lagega Vedika apne party me kuch jyada hi busy hai." He glared at her as he took her name "app soo jayiye.... Ji maa jaldi aa jayenge."

Running his hand through his hair Rishabh spoke "How often have you lied like this to me?" With his head down.

Vedika looked at me unaware of what to say. Raj could feel the tension growing so he held Vedika's hand rubbing a thumb over it.

"Rishabh, let's go home first. We can talk about this later."

"Why? So you both can plot on how to make fool out of me? Make me my favourite dish, watch my favourite show with me and seek permission from me to get into the police station?"

"Bhaiya please.." Vedika pleaded.

"Kya please? Abhi bhi jana hai tuzhe? Ja Puri raat party kar, ghar mat aa jo karna hai kar." Vedika shaked her head as Rishabh spoke with his calm but stern voice.

"Bass ek baat yaad rakh Vedika. Maa Papa has struggled alot so don't you dare do anything to hurt them. I haven't told them about all this because I care for them and I restrict you from all this nuisance because I care for you also!"

Rishabh took a long sigh and continued "But no you won't understand the logic behind it. Bhaiya uncool hai, bhaiya khadoos hai! Ha hoon me khadoos kyuki daar lagta kabhi tuzhe kuch ho na jaye. Janti hai kya beeti muzhpe jab muzhe pata chala meri behen police station me hai? Janti hai kaisa laga muzhe jab ye pata chala ki meri behen muzhse batein chupa Rahi hai. Wasn't I the one letting you do whatever you want? i hide it from our parents when you used to get in trouble in school. I punched a guy because he teased you, I was always there for you Vedika! Always. And yet now you choose to lie to me. Arey daat kha leti yaar thodi, jitna juth manane ke liye time waste Kiya utna sach bolke kar leti. Me de deta yaar permission, par usse pehele check karta ki tu jis jagah jari hai woh safe hai ki nai." He directed the last sentence looking at me. "tu ja kiske sath rahi hai aur woh insaan safe hai ki nahi. Itna bhi haak nahi hai kya muzhe?"