98. Orphanage

Evelyn put both her hands on her cheeks as her eyes beamed with excitement, while her gossipy mode reached its peak. "What happened after that?" She questioned, trying hard to maintain her composure.

Zadhea rolled her eyes, fully knowing what she was up to. "Nothing. I just kicked him out and got changed into that... that..." Her voice became lower and lower when she said the next part. "Pink dress. You know, it's beautiful. I just loved the style, not just the color, okay?"

"Why are you saying that to me?" Evelyn raised a brow. "I'm not against pink and other girlish stuff. Could it be..." She scratched her chin, pretending to be thinking. "You are afraid of me figuring out the way you wanted to impress our vice president by dressing up like a girly girl, Aaa ha? That must be the case."

"Gosh!" Zadhea looked at her in disbelief. "You're thinking too much. I just loved that dress. That's what I'm trying to say, okay? Gosh! You are sooo annoying!"

"Pfft!" Evelyn covered her mouth, laughing.

They were currently at the school garden in the afternoon after having their lunch. Evelyn was curious about her bestie's second date. Much more, Zadhea didn't return to school until morning arrived. Evelyn couldn't wait to drag her to a corner and force her to spill the details. The curiosity was killing her from inside.

"What did he say?" After successfully managing to hold her laughter, Evelyn asked for more tea.

Zadhea's face turned a little dim. "Nothing. He just stared at me like a fool. I felt like I was naked or something." She sighed. "I checked myself if something was wrong, but I found nothing." She gritted her teeth in her mind, thinking, 'Ugh, that idiot!' "And I even asked for the shop girl's help."

She could still remember how helpless she felt until Heidith awkwardly said that there was nothing wrong with her dress. She was fuming but still managed to calm down because she didn't want to scold him in front of the shop girl.

"You fool!" Evelyn facepalmed. "He was awestruck by your beauty. It's that simple!"

Zadhea still held doubts. "You sure? Then he should have directly told me instead of looking at me like an idiot."

Evelyn could only shake her head. She was no longer interested in that topic since it was tiring to make some people understand some things. It's better to skip to the next part. "After that? Where did you guys go?"

Zadhea became a bit serious. "I dunno why, but I felt like he was upset about something. I was too proud to ask, so I suggested going to a sweets shop to cheer him up."

"Wow! The best girlfriend of the year." Evelyn gave her a shaky thumbs-up.

Zadhea glared at her. "Who's his girl..." Her voice died down. Since they started dating, it was true that she somehow... anyhow... became... His girlfriend.

His girlfriend.

Zadhea swiftly shook her head. She didn't want to think about such dangerous things.

"Anyways, I found something so delicious there. So yummy, so sweet. I literally couldn't help drooling just by looking at it." Zadhea's eyes lit up when she recalled the scene. "It tasted like ice cream. I swear it did. I was so shocked."

"Wow." Evelyn was surprised too. "Why didn't you bring me some?"

Her question made Zadhea scratch her head as she felt a bit bad. "I'm sorry, Evie. Next time, I'll take you there. I promise."

Evelyn suddenly had a feeling that she had also tasted something like that. However, since she couldn't recall when and where, she just brushed that thought. "So... What happened after that?"