86. First date

"Wow! It really suits you," Evelyn's mouth widened in awe. "You look so beautiful."

Zadhea smiled as she touched the hem of her dress and circled. "I know. I have the best sense of fashion," she raised her chin proudly.

She was wearing a floor-length gown that looked like the forest itself. It had a freshly green color, which was pleasing to the eyes. Her red hair added more beauty to the dress. It was as if she had become a forest deity.

"Duh! Am I not the one who saw it first and suggested you wear it?" Evelyn rolled her eyes.

"But I selected it when I went shopping with the queen mother," Zadhea said matter-of-factly. "So I'm the one who should receive all the credit."

"Whatever, whatever," Evelyn threw up her hands in the air, backing off a little. "We shouldn't argue over a dress. Quickly come here. I have to do your makeup." She placed a chair in front of the large mirror. "And don't forget to wear that emerald necklace. Here it is."

Zadhea reluctantly took the necklace from Evelyn. She knew she was careless with accessories because she had lost her royal pendant and engagement ring too, which she regretted so much, but she knew she could do nothing about it.

After the makeup was done, the two girls went downstairs to see Heidith already waiting for them.

"How long have you been waiting?" Zadhea blurted out in shock.

Heidith scratched behind his ear with an awkward smile. "For two hours."

He couldn't sleep the whole night. He tossed and turned for a few hours and then gave up trying. He thought of using that time to do his remaining work but couldn't concentrate properly. In the end, he got dressed and started walking around in the garden next to the boys' dormitories, not caring about the cold weather outside.

Zadhea facepalmed herself, shaking her head. "You should've come upstairs and knocked on my door. You already know where my room is, don't you?" She gave him a look that showed 'Aren't you stupid?'

"I didn't want to bother you," Heidith said sincerely. "I know girls take too much time to get dressed."

"Well, it's not true. I only took ten minutes," Zadhea shook her shoulders as she lied confidently. Evelyn looked at her and was about to say something, but Zadhea pinched her arm, stopping her in time.

"Oh really?" Heidith suppressed the urge to laugh. "Impressive."

"Thank..." Zadhea stopped halfway when she realized that something wasn't right.

She pointed at their matching outfits and squeezed out, "H-how come?"

Heidith wore a green shirt along with black trousers that emphasized his eyes and hair. But he usually wore black and white stuff. Green color would never be a casual choice for him on a normal day. Hence the answer was clear.

He did it on purpose!

Zadhea looked at Evelyn, searching for answers. Evelyn shrugged in return, indicating that she had no idea. But the truth was... The two secret friends had planned it beforehand.

"You believe it or not, it really is a coincidence," Heidith lied without batting an eye.

Zadhea had no choice but to accept it. She nodded reluctantly. "It's cringe. Let me change into another dress."

She turned to leave, but Heidith grabbed her wrist, stopping her in time. "Wait, Ms. Edwin. It's not cringe. Plus, it will take a lot of time if you change your outfit now. Can you really let me stand here for another hour?" He looked at her with puppy eyes. "It's cold. I even have goosebumps."