2. It's a girl!

Minosha blinked her eyes a few times, not getting what the system just stated. When the realization finally hit her, she exploded.

"Whaaat? What did you say?" She roared in disbelief. "I never read that damn novel."

So freaking unfair! She almost spat out a mouthful of blood.

The system gave her another low chuckle before saying, "Yeah. But can you deny that you already know the plot and about the villainess?"

Minosha became speechless. Why did she need to know about the villainess? What did it have to do with her!? She knew nothing! Leave her alone!

Before she could speak, the system clarified, "The character we have chosen for you is the main villainess of the novel. Princess Mimosa. Along with the character, we also give you three options. You can choose one out of three. Not all of them."

"What are they?" Minosha curiously asked.

She secretly cursed herself in her mind for having a name similar to the villainess. What a misfortune!

It was truly a misfortune! A tragedy!

"One-
Letting the male lead fall in love with you. Snatch away the female lead's happy ending.

Two-
Not fulfilling your duty as the villainess. Just find someone else who is or is not a character from the book and live a normal life by avoiding the novel's plots.

Three-
Becoming the villainess and die miserably just like the real character from the book

What do you choose?"

Minosha was confused. "Die miserably? But as far as I know, she didn't die. She became a beggar and lived poorly for the rest of her life. Isn't that correct?"

The system hummed. "Yeah. But we changed it to a terrifying death. After dying, you can return to your original world. But you have to pay the price by enduring a painful death. As for other options, you won't be able to return to your original world for the rest of your life. So... What do you choose?"

Did she even need to ask?

"The third option," Minosha replied without batting an eye.

"Why the third option?" The system was obviously surprised. "No one chose it. Most of them chose second one while others chose first one."

Who would choose a miserable death over a comfortable, wealthy life? That person must be insane!

"Do you already have someone you like? Is that the reason you want to return to your original world so badly? Or do you hate ancient times? They aren't as bad as you think although the technology isn't as advanced as your world."

Minosha lowered her eyes, tears filling in them.

"I do have someone I love. It's my mother. She isn't well and she only has me to take care of her. So I want to return to her side soon."

Although the system was a robotic one, it couldn't help being touched by Minosha's words.

Sure enough...
"You are so selfless. What a great person."

"No, I'm selfish." Minosha denied.

"That's why I can't let go of my mother. Her kidney needs to be replaced. Doctors said if I can't find a kidney, mom won't live longer. I don't have a donor. But I selfishly wanted to let her stay at hospital. I can't help... I can't help... I can't let her go... Her life is so short. She hates hospitals but... I'm worried. I can't take her home. I'm afraid... I'm afraid that... Something might happen to her..."